PDA

View Full Version : KingFisher Ice Tents @ Costco Calgary

Bound2Fish
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if Calgary or surrounding areas have any Kingfisher ice huts for sale. Im looking for either the 3 man or the 6 man because it is portable and I just sold my truck for an SUV. Or if you have one to sell let me know. Not looking to spend a whole lot, the 6-man is $279 and the 3 man is $179. So if you have one in this range or know of costco selling any please let me know. I have checked a bit but havent see any at thier stores. Thanks

WayneChristie
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
they are on the website, but the size of the 3 man is way out to lunch, and it has one door not 2 like advertised. I have one sitting in the box here unused and am undecided what to do with it, I like my new subzero way more.

Bound2Fish
01-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks Wayne, I will keep that in mind while looking for one.

Easywean
01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
The size may be out to lunch on the 3 man, but it is still pretty good value for your $. I have had it out a couple times and it works great, it is about 6'x6' and about 6'8" tall inside. lots of windows, only one door as mentioned but zipper and windows work good in cold (had it out yesterday in -28) and the best part - it packs back into the bag with no troubles!

Bound2Fish
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Do you think the 3 man is actually big enough to fit 3 grown adults?

Willowtrail
01-12-2011, 11:08 AM

I would say no. You maybe could if you left tackle outside and didnt have a big heater. Maybe once or twice it would work but you would be very tight. The inside fllo dimension is 70" x 70". Half way up sticks out a bit further but only about 4" per side.

Gus
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I pick one of the 3 men tents up the other day and it seems pretty decent for the money. I'd say the best value out there. The demisions on the 3 man seem acurate. I think 3 guys could fit ok in there depending on amount of gear and your friends girth :). It packs down and sets up in a flash. The carrying bag is kinda crappy the strap broke the first time I picked it up but the tent quality seems good.

Fishinhog
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I bought the 6 man at the Grande Prairie costco last week. For the extra $100 you get an extra 3 man pretty much, it is just 2 of them connected. Lots of room, I believe the box said 11`8`` by 6`inside demintions. Easy to setup and take down as well.

iliketrout
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM

3 grown adults can 'fit' in there just the same as 3 in the back seat of a mid-sized car. How comforatable/functional is it is the real question.

I don't like to have more than 3 (4 max) in my 6 man tent. Forget about fishing holes to drill, you have a few other things to worry about like tangled lines, flashers, cameras, gear, heaters etc. God forbid you get a big and still scrappy fish on the ice, and then you can kiss some of your gear goodbye down the hole.

IMHO, if you plan on consistently fishing with 2 others, spend the extra few bucks and get the bigger one. You'll each have enough room for 2 lines and the other goodies and you can spread out a little more.

chubbdarter
01-12-2011, 02:50 PM
3 grown adults can 'fit' in there just the same as 3 in the back seat of a mid-sized car. How comforatable/functional is it is the real question.
I don't like to have more than 3 (4 max) in my 6 man tent. Forget about fishing holes to drill, you have a few other things to worry about like tangled lines, flashers, cameras, gear, heaters etc. God forbid you get a big and still scrappy fish on the ice, and then you can kiss some of your gear goodbye down the hole.

IMHO, if you plan on consistently fishing with 2 others, spend the extra few bucks and get the bigger one. You'll each have enough room for 2 lines and the other goodies and you can spread out a little more.

thats the perfect explaination......good post

and the perfect example of how not to quote by me..lol...I.T. guy im not

Bound2Fish
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Great post. Thanks

WayneChristie
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I have a 2 man tent, perfect for one person, the 4 man I have is great for 2 people. just like an inflatable boat, Im sure it will hold the stated number of people, if they remain standing and are fishing for perch or trout, real fish would have all the lines tangled in a flash. :bad_boys_20:

crown royal 17
01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I use a 4 man for 2 people and the 8 man for 4 people . I use the Celceius brand I have also the Eastman and Subzero the Celceius are a made more durable.You can buy these at Canadian Tire worth the extra money.

Gillfisher
01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree it is best to go bigger I currently have a 2 man fabrill from Costco & really it is only good for 1 person to stretch out nicely but it sets up easily. And the bottom is a sled which is good for places like Spray Lakes where motor vehicles are not allowed and you have to walk onto the lake.

I am seriously thinking of a getting something bigger

Gillfisher

buster92
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I just got the Clam Base Camp from Bass Pro, it is a 3 man camp, but is perfect for two, They are rated just like tents!!!:shark: