PDA

View Full Version : Team Canada at World Ice Fishing Championship.

AK47
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
So last year in USA our team finished dead last with very embarassing results.

http://fsfrk.kz/komandrye_rezultaty._final

My question is - anybody knows if there are any qualifying tourneys and who decides who is representing our country? Usual practice in other countries is to have national championship done before WIFC and best fishermen represent country on international stage. I understand in country as big as Canada it may be difficult but as long as nobody is done we continue to have results like this.
This years WIFC is being held in February in Ukraine BTW.

Fishfinder
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
So last year in USA our team finished dead last with very embarassing results.

http://fsfrk.kz/komandrye_rezultaty._final

My question is - anybody knows if there are any qualifying tourneys and who decides who is representing our country? Usual practice in other countries is to have national championship done before WIFC and best fishermen represent country on international stage. I understand in country as big as Canada it may be difficult but as long as nobody is done we continue to have results like this.
This years WIFC is being held in February in Ukraine BTW.

Dead Last!!:sign0068: That's just wrong.
Almost as bad as our Canadian juniors crumbling in the 3rd period this year!:scared0018: Jus Kiddn, not even close.:budo:
I am sure there are some fisherpeople on here that would surely do our country proud, and the support they would get would be outrageous!

To answer your question, sorry, I have no idea lol, but I'm sure someone will jump in here and have some answers.
Good question btw.
Cheers n GL:)

npauls
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I would love to head over there and hammer some fish. I think the hardest part would be studying the kinds of fish that the competition is keying in on. It could be a completely different kind of fishing over there and all the tactics we use in canada may not be the answer over there.

Nate

AK47
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I would love to head over there and hammer some fish. I think the hardest part would be studying the kinds of fish that the competition is keying in on. It could be a completely different kind of fishing over there and all the tactics we use in canada may not be the answer over there.

Nate

true, and the rules in those tourneys do not alow use of any electronics or power augers. Main tournament fish in Europe is usually local perch and other small size fish. USA team was last in 2009 in Poland but won at home.
Thats why it is even more strange that in US we got last place where they were fishing mainly for crappies and yellow perch. 9 european teams have not even seen N.American fish before yet still were able to outfish Canadians.

Fishfinder
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Nate

Very good point, nevertheless, last place in the USA, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. We MUST do better!!:shark:

Fishfinder
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
true, and the rules in those tourneys do not alow use of any electronics or power augers. Main tournament fish in Europe is usually local perch and other small size fish. USA team was last in 2009 in Poland but won at home.
Thats why it is even more strange that in US we got last place where they were fishing mainly for crappies and yellow perch. 9 european teams have not even seen N.American fish before yet still were able to outfish Canadians.

Hmm, sounds like our Canadian fishers did not do their research...tsk tsk.
I like the "no techno" rule though. "I don't need a weather man to tell me which way the wind blows"(Bob Dylan). I concur, a large part of fishing is knowing/learning how to locate the fish on one's own, rather than have a device do the work for you.
Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the techno and actually enjoy it, but would rather jus keep a keen eye on me rod/s. Fishing and techo fishn devices have no place together on the water. It's mixing Pure with Evil imo lol. Takes the 'hunting' element out of it for me....too easy. Just my opinion.
Be nice as I'm sure many will disagree. To each their own all.
Cheers n GL!

Dust1n
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
its just bs same with the fly fishing champion ships.....