PDA

View Full Version : pigeon in the snow

horsetrader
01-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Took a few hours and went to pigeon to check out my shack.Of course had to wet a line while I was there. Lots of snow no one out there at all,took the quad out to deep for the truck.Was even tough with the quad. Caught 1 nice one about 2;30 always good for a late afternoon bite

buckmaster
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Took a few hours and went to pigeon to check out my shack.Of course had to wet a line while I was there. Lots of snow no one out there at all,took the quad out to deep for the truck.Was even tough with the quad. Caught 1 nice one about 2;30 always good for a late afternoon bite

Nice pic ! Were the whitefish moving around at all ?

horsetrader
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Nice pic ! Were the whitefish moving around at all ?

Had the camera did not see a white

Dust1n
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
decce walleye good job

Artist
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Any floodwater out there at all?

horsetrader
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Any floodwater out there at all?

I was out at Mulhurst did not see any floodwater at all

SonnyCovin
01-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know what the jumbo whites in Pigeon eat?? I mean if a guy is going to fish for hours and only see three jumbo whites and they ignore all means of catching them what's next?? I went to Gull this morning with a buddy and within 1 1/2 hours we had out ten fish. They just are not as big as Pigeon.

Artist
01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know what the jumbo whites in Pigeon eat?? I mean if a guy is going to fish for hours and only see three jumbo whites and they ignore all means of catching them what's next?? I went to Gull this morning with a buddy and within 1 1/2 hours we had out ten fish. They just are not as big as Pigeon.

What's next?... a bowfishing rig.

horsetrader
01-12-2011, 09:59 PM

now you know why their bigger at pigeon. :)

buckmaster
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM

You have to try different hooks,hook sizes,colors,line thickness,depth and presentation your hook/lure.Red wireworms are a good start.

SonnyCovin
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
What's next?... a bowfishing rig. Well that's too radical,however my heart can't handle those big fish taking 10 seconds to cross a 6 inch hole.lol

Daceminnow
01-12-2011, 10:10 PM

you just have'nt got into the bigger fish @ Gull. theres larger whites in that water than @ Pigg.

SonnyCovin
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes I believe that I caught them in the 5 lb. range and they have shoulders.