PDA

View Full Version : travers access

Mikediz
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Would like to try travers but have only been there in open water / boat via little bow provincial park. Is the park open in the winter for lake access? Any other suggestions for hard water lake access?

lovich12
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Would like to try travers but have only been there in open water / boat via little bow provincial park. Is the park open in the winter for lake access? Any other suggestions for hard water lake access?

It all depends on where you want to fish. You can get onto the lake from the park right at the boat launch. There is one at the travers campground and i'm pretty sure there is one by the resort too.

nicemustang
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't think they plow down to the travers campground that often, so might be iffy. You can get on though easily at the LBPP launch or at the resort.

lovich12
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
good point. usually gets drifted in pretty bad at travers campground.

the local angler
01-13-2011, 07:36 PM
you would definately need a 4x4 cause even if you get to the bottom past the campground registration gate some of the drifts are down on the road that leads to the boat launch. its sometimes hard to see the edge of the road unless you know the area really well.

chubbdarter
01-14-2011, 08:05 AM
i hopefully will have a update for you saturday evening after we get back. if i dont get a update from buddies in Vulcan tonight the sleds will be going with us.

Mikediz
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
thanks for the info gents, any suggestions where on the lake to start drilling?

Twodogs
01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Little Bow Resort is privite property and the boat launch is private also. So please treat it as so. The residence are not happy with the speed people are entering and leaving so talk of an electronic gate has started. This will cut off the lake.Treat this with respect our they may close it.

chubbdarter
01-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Little Bow Resort is privite property and the boat launch is private also. So please treat it as so. The residence are not happy with the speed people are entering and leaving so talk of an electronic gate has started. This will cut off the lake.Treat this with respect our they may close it.

good post.....out of repsect i never use their facilities

WayneChristie
01-14-2011, 06:58 PM
IVE BEEN CALLED A IDIOT 4 TIMES ON THIS SITE
slow start? join the club :sHa_sarcasticlol: