PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Depth?

nicemustang
01-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Does anyone have Dr. Depth? If so, does it work like they say? How do you like it?

go-big-or-go-home
01-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Just looked it up, looks like it could be a handy little unit.

Braun
01-13-2011, 02:39 PM
looks like quite the investment but what a great toy. could learn alot from it too.

nicemustang
01-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Bump.

Chris K
01-25-2011, 08:10 PM
It is a worthwhile investment, and it does exactly what it states. You need to spend the time to log files, and once you do I recommend you keep your maps to yourself!

Chris K

greylynx
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM
It is a worthwhile investment, and it does exactly what it states. You need to spend the time to log files, and once you do I recommend you keep your maps to yourself!

Chris K

x2

nicemustang
01-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Well if the pros say so...damn I guess I just spent another $400.

The reason I want them, when I move back to SK there are no good maps (or at all) on the lakes I will be fishing. Have to start somewhere. Sure a guy can row out 50 feet and catch fish in summer but that only goes so far.

Thanks guys.

freeones
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Chris K

X3

It takes dedication though. You sometimes have to sacrifice the nicest fishing weather or best pattern to really cover a spot methodically. It takes a while to build up enough data to get an accurate map.

The results are pretty amazing though, and it will let you see your favourite spots in a whole new way.

Chris K
01-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Well if the pros say so...damn I guess I just spent another $400.

The reason I want them, when I move back to SK there are no good maps (or at all) on the lakes I will be fishing. Have to start somewhere. Sure a guy can row out 50 feet and catch fish in summer but that only goes so far.

Thanks guys.

Probably by the time you move back to Sask the lake maps will be of pretty good quality, especially for the major waterbodies. I can't really say too much right now, but I do know that there are some things being done to make them better.

Chris K

nicemustang
01-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Except I won't be fishing popular spots! So many nice places in SK with great fishing, and there are no maps except soem guy in the fifties that went round with a rock and rope testing depths LOL.

Map Maker
01-26-2011, 12:16 PM
dont expect too much as the bottom doesnt really change that much on most smaller lakes.
And you would have to spend alot of time on bigger lakes to get something worthwhile.

I dont use Dr.depth but use a similiar program.
heres a one i made.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/alpinehigh/beaverwebsite.gif

I do it more out of fun than for catching more fish.

I do like the bottom hardness feature on dr.depth.