PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a old hand auger for sale?

Graffy91
01-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I haven't been out yet this year (family issues, funerals, etc,) being as I just got back from Sask, and it turns out my dad sold the hand auger he had. :sign0176:

So im looking if anyone has a hand auger I can grab off their hands for the right price.

Lmk please. :sHa_shakeshout:

Geezle
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Man, if you'd have posted this a few days sooner you could have had my spare auger, but I already promised it to another member in the PIF thread :o

What's your budget, and are you looking for a 6" or 8"?

TFH has a couple reasonably priced Eskimo augers...$40 for the 6" and $45 for the 8"

Graffy91
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Man, if you'd have posted this a few days sooner you could have had my spare auger, but I already promised it to another member in the PIF thread :o

What's your budget, and are you looking for a 6" or 8"?

TFH has a couple reasonably priced Eskimo augers...$40 for the 6" and $45 for the 8"

Aw, haha. Its okay though, I dunno price range would be yeah probably 50-100 for a auger.

Im just itching to go fishing haha.

sureshot
01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
The auger was pif'd to me but i would gladly pif it to graffy.

goober
01-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Sounds like somebody new for the PIF thread!!!

Geezle
01-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Well graffy, looks like you're in luck. I got a PM from sureshot, and he would like the auger to go to you, so you in effect now have a 6" Mora hand auger with brand new blades...maybe 3 holes (and one finger) cut with them :)

I've gotta run out for a bit, but we'll talk later and get the details sorted out :cool:

edit: Check out the PIF thread in the General section if you haven't already. If you have something that you could pay forward for receiving the auger (since it came from that thread) that would be super cool, and it's going to a good cause :)

Graffy91
01-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Well graffy, looks like you're in luck. I got a PM from sureshot, and he would like the auger to go to you, so you in effect now have a 6" Mora hand auger with brand new blades...maybe 3 holes (and one finger) cut with them :)

I've gotta run out for a bit, but we'll talk later and get the details sorted out :cool:

edit: Check out the PIF thread in the General section if you haven't already. If you have something that you could pay forward for receiving the auger (since it came from that thread) that would be super cool, and it's going to a good cause :)

Well I really dont wanna just take it from him... =/

Well if you both insist on it I can see what I can find for the PIF thread, :)

Geezle
01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I really dont wanna just take it from him... =/

Well if you both insist on it I can see what I can find for the PIF thread, :)

Well, sureshot said in here and in a PM to me that he'd like you to have it, so I guess it's yours :)

PM incoming

jacob1202
01-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, sureshot said in here and in a PM to me that he'd like you to have it, so I guess it's yours :)

PM incoming

what a swell fella!!! now that is paying it forward

Guitarplayingfish
01-15-2011, 05:49 PM
If your from leth or willing to drive you can have teh one I have.. Its kinda messed up though. Had it for about 10 years, always drilled fine until i put these new blades on it 2 months ago. Wont cut good at all anymore..maybe i did something wrong. Free if you want it though.

Geezle
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
If your from leth or willing to drive you can have teh one I have.. Its kinda messed up though. Had it for about 10 years, always drilled fine until i put these new blades on it 2 months ago. Wont cut good at all anymore..maybe i did something wrong. Free if you want it though.

Try putting a shim under the blade to make the cutting angle a little more aggressive :)

Cal
01-15-2011, 06:50 PM
what a swell fella!!! now that is paying it forward

If its the particular Mora auger I'm thinking of then a big thumbs up to Geezle for paying it farward too.

I've got an eskimo power auger I havnt used in a couple seasons with a new carb on it that I'll let go for $75. I think I slightly bent the auger when I got it stuck downhole and had to muscle it out so its got a bit of a wobble to it but it cuts alright. I could try and get it fired up and maby even get the auger straightened out, might be coming to edmonton next friday. Pm me if you want it.

Geezle
01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
If its the particular Mora auger I'm thinking of then a big thumbs up to Geezle for paying it farward too.

I've got an eskimo power auger I havnt used in a couple seasons with a new carb on it that I'll let go for $75. I think I slightly bent the auger when I got it stuck downhole and had to muscle it out so its got a bit of a wobble to it but it cuts alright. I could try and get it fired up and maby even get the auger straightened out, might be coming to edmonton next friday. Pm me if you want it.

Yep, that's the auger :)

And PM incoming :cool:

Fishin' Fool
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I am in Edmonton and have an extra 8" hand auger in good shape. I was going to try to get a buck or two for it but the pay it forward thing sounds like a good idea. I learned about this karma stuff from some dude called Earl.:confused:

If the OP or anyone else is interested, shoot me a PM.

FF

gprime27
01-15-2011, 09:35 PM
40 bucks got one in lethbridge needs to be sharpened