PDA

View Full Version : Info on Lake Bonavista

d bowhunter
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Have a chance to fish the lake, looking for any info on where to fish what to use and whats in the lake for fish. Thanks

slingshotz
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
You're only allowed to fish within 100 feet of the island in the middle. There's suckers and rainbows in there. A lot of the fish are all around the island anyways so it's normally pretty good fishing. There's a lot of weeds around the island so you have to fish a few feet off bottom to get it out of the weeds.

Use a small yellow or lime green jig head with matching or white 1-1.5" body. Or jighead tipped with powerbait or corn works too.

whitewolf
01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
havent had a chance to fish there as i live in bonavista downs...so i dont have lake access but they are stocked rainbow...so me i would have some velveeta cheese on hand....

Sundancefisher
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
havent had a chance to fish there as i live in bonavista downs...so i dont have lake access

Interesting fact...some time ago...some residents of Bonavista Downs got together that were interested in joining the lake. The lake got together and agreed that for a fair price...if everyone joined then they would include Bonavista Downs. For some reason it fell through. Still...you could always try and start that again...as these lake communities age...so does usage drop...costs also go up so increasing the number of people that contribute fees helps.

d bowhunter
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks for all the help, good luck with your fishing. Dave

pope
01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, you are now restricted to fish around the island, you will see the holes where most people fish. Mostly the East side. Last year there were a few 10 lbs caught. They re-stocked late this year with a lot of 10-12 inchers so I would expect more smaller ones. Still the odd brute in there but now outnumbered by the little guys. Good luck.