PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish McGregor last weekend...

iliketrout
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
...and if so how did you do? I will be paying the lake a visit very shortly...

iliketrout
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
BTT. Fishing must be good with all the tight lips around here LOL

aulrich
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I heading out there for the first time this weekend, with a work buddy who will show me the ropes all I know at this poit is wer are getting on the lake on the milo end (campgroud or day use area) and pretty much fishing right around there.

iliketrout
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Haha that's the exact same plan as me, on Sunday. Will be my first time as well. I'll have a Blue F-150 and an Orange Fish Inn 6 man. What day are you going out?

gl2
01-18-2011, 03:28 PM
i left travers and spent the last half the day at mac. fished right alone the dam at the day use area... the action wasnt great but landed 4 little pike and lost a couple. that is a very well fished area and you will see a ton of holes. some of the holes look to close to shore but its a steep drop off and u can be in 10 - 15 ft of water real quick. acess wasnt the greatest as snow drifted over much of the day use area but a guy did manage to get thru (he got stuck twice trying to make it).i just walked down from the dam....good luck.

ak-71
01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
i left travers and spent the last half the day at mac. fished right alone the dam at the day use area... the action wasnt great but landed 4 little pike and lost a couple. that is a very well fished area and you will see a ton of holes. some of the holes look to close to shore but its a steep drop off and u can be in 10 - 15 ft of water real quick. acess wasnt the greatest as snow drifted over much of the day use area but a guy did manage to get thru (he got stuck twice trying to make it).i just walked down from the dam....good luck.

I was in the morning by the dam hoping to see a whitefish and didn't see a fish or anybody fishing. Looked like a deserted lake and I don't know this lake at all - went to Travers (Saturday)

aulrich
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I'll be out on Saturday, driving a corrolla and popping a fish inn as well.

gl2
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I was in the morning by the dam hoping to see a whitefish and didn't see a fish or anybody fishing. Looked like a deserted lake and I don't know this lake at all - went to Travers (Saturday)

those must have been your 2 holes right tight to the dam we kicked open then( by that piece of 2x4 ).We acually caught all of our fish out of those holes. Were u fishing with electronics? We didn't mark a lot of fish, and they were spiratic but we saw some. How did travers treat ya?

ak-71
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
those must have been your 2 holes right tight to the dam we kicked open then( by that piece of 2x4 ).We acually caught all of our fish out of those holes. Were u fishing with electronics? We didn't mark a lot of fish, and they were spiratic but we saw some. How did travers treat ya?

My son got cold (-23C), no electronics, but clear water and didn't see any fish - we left to check Travers - 1st time in the area. Tried right by the ramp in the park (west side) - no luck. Really need better boots :(

slingshotz
01-19-2011, 12:03 AM
We fished it two weekends ago at the Lomond bridge which still had open water. I'd assume it would be iced over by now with the brutal weather but be careful, it's probably still very thin.

Saw a few fish on the camera but it was very, very slow, the other group that was there barely caught a thing. Packed up and left for Travers and managed an ok white in the afternoon.

ragweed
01-19-2011, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=slingshotz;805477]We fished it two weekends ago at the Lomond bridge which still had open water. I'd assume it would be iced over by now with the brutal weather but be careful, it's probably still very thin.
QUOTE]

It very rarely every freezes under the bridge. When it does, it will very rarely every hold any wieght.
Just a hint...when fishing near a bridge or other such large rock/concrete structures...always be aware of thin ice. It's kind of a general rule when ice fishing.