PDA

View Full Version : decent weather coming

linger
01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
is anyone heading out to some of the local lakes now that the weather is going to be decent.:)

nicemustang
01-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Here here. Thank god, i love this province for the chinooks. I'll most likely get on on the weekend somewhere fun.

dragon
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm headign to pigeon this weekend... but kinda torn between snowmobiling and fishing and leaning more to the sledding.

Braun
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Its actualy perfect timing for me. The better half is busy all weekend so Could go friday night,sat morn(maybe) sat night, sunday all day. not sure where yet though

deepfried
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
thinking of headed to travers or pcr on saturday or sunday :)

linger
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
how about the edmonton area any brave adventures :)

pikehunter1989
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Planning on trying to hit Wabamun on Saturday and possibly Sunday aswell. Have to make sure to remember the shovel

mooseknuckle
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Planning on trying to hit Wabamun on Saturday and possibly Sunday aswell. Have to make sure to remember the shovel

Hope to get out sunday as well!! Im also planning on heading out tomorrow!! -11!! Feels like paradise! Any mid week slackers care to join me?

pikehunter1989
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm debating taking a day off while this warm weather is around. So that's ones a maybe terry.

baitfisher83
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Hoping to get out on Sunday myself if I can find someone else going out....lol

whitewolf
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
taking my two daughters to chain lakes on thursday to see if they can ice a few trout on there first ice fishing trip

aulrich
01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Mcgreggor is next on the list, maybe PCR for evening burbs

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
travers and cv

mooseknuckle
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm debating taking a day off while this warm weather is around. So that's ones a maybe terry.

You sure you dont have a cough coming on? Geez man when it comes to your health I wouldnt take any chances you better take tomorrow off and get some rest.... in the ice tent.....with a beer.... catching fish.

pikehunter1989
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
You sure you dont have a cough coming on? Geez man when it comes to your health I wouldnt take any chances you better take tomorrow off and get some rest.... in the ice tent.....with a beer.... catching fish.

haha ya i like the sounds of that too..is it just you heading out there?

linger
01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
im thinking of heading out to isle to check things out anyone been out there in the last couple of days? i have my doubt's about driving on:angry3:

w_worbeck
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
im hitting south buck on sun and maby sat. should be good

Shiami
01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
I was planning on heading out saturday from Edmonton.

But, turns out I'm rather limited in locations. My transportation is MIA (off to an academic conference in San Francisco), so I'm stuck hitting up whatever I can reach by foot or bus within the Edmonton area.

Sadly, it looks like that means the Hermitage ponds. I'll go see if they're completely fished out.

I'm mostly looking to target trout and/or perch. I would have liked to hit up the potholes west of the city, but sans-car, that's a no-go. I'd had crazy ideas about taking the greyhound to Heritage Lake by Morinville, but turns out Greyhound won't let me come home until Monday if I do that. ;)

Oh well! Here's to hoping there's something alive in Hermitage!

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
I was planning on heading out saturday from Edmonton.

But, turns out I'm rather limited in locations. My transportation is MIA (off to an academic conference in San Francisco), so I'm stuck hitting up whatever I can reach by foot or bus within the Edmonton area.

Sadly, it looks like that means the Hermitage ponds. I'll go see if they're completely fished out.

I'm mostly looking to target trout and/or perch. I would have liked to hit up the potholes west of the city, but sans-car, that's a no-go. I'd had crazy ideas about taking the greyhound to Heritage Lake by Morinville, but turns out Greyhound won't let me come home until Monday if I do that. ;)

Oh well! Here's to hoping there's something alive in Hermitage!

wow thats hard core tenacity!!!!!!!!!!
i must ask what does the bus driver say when you get on board with a power auger on a city bus?

brohymn2
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
gonna try to get the wife out to chikakoo on saturday or sunday as she doesnt like being cold, see what happens

Shiami
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
i must ask what does the bus driver say when you get on board with a power auger on a city bus?

Well, I suppose I should confess that my auger is powered only by my arms. The good news for me is that makes it lighter. And this will be the first time I've had to bring the auger on the bus. Though I did several trips there in the summer on the bus, and for the most part, my tackle box, fly fishing gear, and spincasting gear got only funny looks, no words.

Except one driver on my return trip, of course, he asked what I'd caught. Then I had to confess that I'd caught nothing.

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, I suppose I should confess that my auger is powered only by my arms. The good news for me is that makes it lighter. And this will be the first time I've had to bring the auger on the bus. Though I did several trips there in the summer on the bus, and for the most part, my tackle box, fly fishing gear, and spincasting gear got only funny looks, no words.

Except one driver on my return trip, of course, he asked what I'd caught. Then I had to confess that I'd caught nothing.

lol...i admire your get it done additude.
if i lived in edmonton id pick you up just to fish with such a determined fisherman.
lol you need one of those popiel pocket fishermans

npauls
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I am free all weekend so I am hoping that one of my fishing partners will be able to lug my gear for me and get me out again. I really don't care where I am fishing as long as I know there is fish to be caught.

Nate

1bluZebec
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm going out Friday forsure and maybe tomorrow. Just bought the kingfisher3 and am dying almost waiting to get time to try it. Will be out all weekend too. Not sure whether to go to Beaumont,star,hasse,jackfish,saucer or chickakoo. Either way me my 4 yr old son and my best friend will be taking advantage of the weather. I can't wait to be able to clearly see down the hole. We will be in the blue kingfisher with the black fx4 ranger. Anyone else heading out to any of those lakes on the weekend?

WayneChristie
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I am free all weekend so I am hoping that one of my fishing partners will be able to lug my gear for me and get me out again. I really don't care where I am fishing as long as I know there is fish to be caught.

Nate

I want to hit CVR Saturday, Sunday is still open, might come down your way.

Geezle
01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Well, for me the good weather means it'll be time to go back to work, but during the bad weather I've been hitting Wab every chance I get, and it's been a blast :)

I see 40-60km/h winds in the forecast today...might have to go out one more time :evilgrin:

edit: with a decent tent and heater as long as you don't have a long walk to get where you want to fish, weather is *almost* irrelevant :)

rider pride
01-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I'v e been waiting 2 weeks to go. I think i will be spending all my days off out on the lake.