PDA

View Full Version : Hows the access and driveability on CVR?

nicemustang
01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I want to fish on the north half, I'm not sure what access spot I can go on. But any reports on snow depth?

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 02:32 PM
ttt............no one?

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I want to fish on the north half, I'm not sure what access spot I can go on. But any reports on snow depth?

Stang wanna give it a go anyway?

nicemustang
01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Thinking about it. I'm not confirmed in being able to go on the weekend, but I sure want to.

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
ya this cold spell has me thinking about the rock pile....them cv fish are so much easier than travers....older i get i faster i hit the easy button

calgarygringo
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
I was thinking of a pike wally burbfest at Cv this weekend as well. I usually work the west side half way up the lake if anyone would like to meet up. I could make either day work but Saturday would be best. Hopefully not too much snow but where I go in is mostly lease road so plowed most of the way in.

nicemustang
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
This sounds fun. I like this idea. I will have to do some "negotiating" and let you guys know.

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
ttt.....sure could use a access report...please and thank you
hate to drag the snowmobiles out there for a mile trip from the lease road.

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 08:36 AM
now im begging.....lol
reports this am, give me a new alternative:sHa_shakeshout:

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
One would think the lease roads will be plowed...not sure if a guy can drive on or has to hoof it the last half km.

Duster
01-19-2011, 09:06 AM
was out last weekend and there was no access what so ever unless you know people to go through there property, snow was about a foot on the whole lake except in a very few spots, keep in mind that this was last week and i fish the east side, and the sun has been shining so it might compct the snow a little. The campground has not been plowed yet either.

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Lease roads are always plowed. I have been stuck at the campground so found the othr side better access. I am going this weekend but will tent and sled in case too much snow to haul the shack. Check my other thread as it looks like several coming out.

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
One would think the lease roads will be plowed...not sure if a guy can drive on or has to hoof it the last half km.

i dont know of any lease roads from red rock that go right to the lake

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm not actually planning on driving on, likely too much snow for my jetta since truck is out of commission.

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 09:56 AM
those front wheel drive jettas chew good...you might be the only one NOT stuck.
maybe LBR is a better option for me.....i dont want to load snowmobiles

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Chubb
The area we fish is just south of the tip you gave to Chris. If you go just a bit further past there is a pumper almost on the lake that is always clear at least up to there.
Worst case scenario is a walk in from the road or pack up and head back to Mac or Traverse. The oil people usually keep things pretty clear. Maybe a few hundred yard hike in which is probably good anyway.....

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Chubb
The area we fish is just south of the tip you gave to Chris. If you go just a bit further past there is a pumper almost on the lake that is always clear at least up to there.
Worst case scenario is a walk in from the road or pack up and head back to Mac or Traverse. The oil people usually keep things pretty clear. Maybe a few hundred yard hike in which is probably good anyway.....

who's Chris?
a few hundred yards in deep snow is killer. even worst is crusted snow that every third step you plunge dingle berry deep in .
thanks

Braun
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not actually planning on driving on, likely too much snow for my jetta since truck is out of commission.

stang, i would drive but i want a decent report first on the access and ice conditions. it sketches me out that a CO went through there earlier

Braun
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
who's Chris?
a few hundred yards in deep snow is killer. even worst is crusted snow that every third step you plunge dingle berry deep in .
thanks

chris = nice mustang

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
chris = nice mustang

okay thanks..i did PM him the gps numbers for that spot

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes the co through the ice was kind of funny actually. He went through an area without knowing or checking the lake. There are some bad spots in the lake but if you have been and know the good areas no worries. I have seen open water in several lakes this time of year with gas bubbling like crazy. Beware.....

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Lease roads are always plowed. I have been stuck at the campground so found the othr side better access. I am going this weekend but will tent and sled in case too much snow to haul the shack. Check my other thread as it looks like several coming out.

found your thread....i only see 1 maybe participant.
is my puter screwing up?

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Well i didn't send out the coordinates you gave me chubb, just area :). Chatting offline to gringo seems to be about the same area. According to depth map, lots of nice structure there.

And braun, you should drive. We won't be driving on, probably way to much snow to do so.

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I will post on my cv posting when I get home tonite. So far 5 for sure and acouple of maybe. Typing on the cell is not fun....