PDA

View Full Version : Costco 6man's

aulrich
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Well signs of life from the company, the other day out of the blue I got a letter from the manufacture saying they have noticed a problem with there windows (well duH!) but identified that the plastic was out of spec and will be sending me replacments when they are available.

They earned a second chance from me ok on foot is out of the return line.

calgarygringo
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I got my letter yesterday as well.

nicemustang
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
That's good news. Has anyone mod'ed theirs so that there is velcro all the way around. I was thinking about that after being in iliketrout's.

Bound2Fish
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Who is the manufacturer and the best way to contact them? Thanks

aulrich
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
i'll post contact info when I get home, I going to check if I can get a couple of spare hubs (even pay for them)

tacklerunner
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Got my letter too.

Bound2Fish
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Also, what is wrong with the windows. I just bought one and am considering returning it

tacklerunner
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Who is the manufacturer and the best way to contact them? Thanks

We are very sorry that you are experiencing troubles with your ice shelters. If any of you would like to send me your contact information to dfyfe@eqnx.biz as soon as we have replacement windows we will have them sent out to your location. Any other comments you may have for needed features or issues please feel free to include them.

Again our appolgies for the troubles.
David Fyfe - Director Equinox Industries

Letter said the windows are coming sometime in February; from China I assume.

tacklerunner
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Also, what is wrong with the windows. I just bought one and am considering returning it

They crack when it's cold out. These are the orange FISH INN tents we are talking about, not the blue ones.

Bound2Fish
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh ok good. I got one of the blue ones, seem like thin material but should do the job for the price.

Kim473
01-19-2011, 04:58 AM
That's good news. Has anyone mod'ed theirs so that there is velcro all the way around. I was thinking about that after being in iliketrout's.

I put in some velcro around them. It does the job. I just put a couple of 3/4 inch pcs in a few spots and works good. Used some rubber glue to help stick to the tent. Got it at army & navy in the tent isle.

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 05:41 AM
I was thinking when my new windows come in, if it works out I may take the old ones and remove the plastic and use the velcro and put it around the windows and use it that way. I will probably still have to get some for one side but the shape should be right on to completely close the windows. I will try it when the new windows arrive and see how it looks.

Slannesh
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Got the same letter yesterday as well. I had emailled David a couple of days ago and asked about replacement windows and he said they'd be sent out.

Nice to see them being proactive and just sending letters to everyone who bought them. Letters came in my wife's name since the tent was a Christmas present for me :)

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Well good news for you guys. Hope they actually come in before end of season.