PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Rainbows - Hermitage Pond?

dan1
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has ice fished for rainbows at Hermitage Pond. Wondering how the ice is and how the fish are for anyone who has been out there lately.

Also any other recommendations for rainbows within an hour or so of Edmonton?

Thanks,

lifesaflyin
01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont think they keep thru the winter well in there. pop a hole and have a look with a cam. straight out from the dock was the deepest part I think.

Shiami
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Boyfriend and I were there on New Years Eve.

At that point, the ice was probably 10 inches thick. In our first location, it was good solid ice, but in our second, there was a huge air bubble, and it was dicey.

We caught nothing. We were using powerbait and shrimps on little jigs.

But I did spy a great many waterboatmen swiming two and fro in our second hole. I can't vouch for the fish still being present there, since I have no clue if our fishlessness was due to technique, bad luck, or a fishless pond.

HunterDave
01-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Try the Morinville Reservoir. Lots of guys fishing there everyday and it's usually pretty good.

-JR-
01-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Did not know they kept trout on that pond where they had a dock on (north pond by the rec center.
Only pond I know that they keep trout in is near the parking lot of the dog area.

Geezle
01-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Did not know they kept trout on that pond where they had a dock on (north pond by the rec center.
Only pond I know that they keep trout in is near the parking lot of the dog area.

This past year they actually stocked all 3 of the ponds there :)