PDA

View Full Version : tournaments in southern alberta

shredder
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
anyone no info for derbys around calgary, thanks pep

gramps73
01-18-2011, 10:16 PM
gowalleye.com

then click on the SAWT all the dates are posted and up to date..

Trey
01-18-2011, 10:34 PM
great info but there is nothing for ice fishing tourneys on that sawt list there. all boat access tournaments, as i only own a canoe its going to be hard to compete

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
kind of a mixed question from the original poster
big diff between a tournament and derby

Trey
01-18-2011, 10:46 PM
ya i seen the entry fee for two people and a boat was quite a bit, but if you win the top prize was 27 grand

calgarygringo
01-19-2011, 07:55 AM
With a canoe for transportation I would suggest the hard water derbys are proably a better choice.

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 08:31 AM
I think Newell is Feb 11-13. Badger Feb 24-26. Pine Feb 20. Travers is a no go this year.

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
i think keho and chin have fun derbies too

npauls
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
No derbies at chin or Keho anymore. I had heard about them from my buddy but they haven't been hosted for a few years now.

There was one at beaver mines but I haven't heard whether or not they would be having it this year. It is the same weekend as the newel derby but on the family day monday.

So you could hit the newel derby and then head to the hills for the beaver mines one on the monday if they are having it. I am hoping to get out to newel but that all depends on how well my EI cheques are and when they show up.

Nate

nicemustang
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Is Newell Feb 19-20 then?

npauls
01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Whenever the family day weekend is, is when it usually is but it could have been changed. I just remember that because I would head to brooks on friday morning and stay until sunday afternoon and then get home and get all the trout gear ready to head out early monday morning for beaver mines derby.

Nate

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Whenever the family day weekend is, is when it usually is but it could have been changed. I just remember that because I would head to brooks on friday morning and stay until sunday afternoon and then get home and get all the trout gear ready to head out early monday morning for beaver mines derby.

Nate

limited number of tickets or buy at the lake
please and thank you

npauls
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
We always get a buddy to pick us up tickets at a fishing store or gas station in brooks. I am not to sure if there is limited numbers or if you can buy at the lake.

I will talk to my buddy in the next couple days and see what I can find out unless someone else posts up the answer for you.

I know there is a ton of people out at all the designated areas so I am thinking that you could pick up tickets at the lake.

As for beaver mines there is a limited number of tickets and you can call one of the organizers and he usually makes a trip or 2 into lethbridge to pick up raffle prizes so you can reserve some tickets and meet him at wholesale to pay for the tickets and pick them up.

Nate

chubbdarter
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
We always get a buddy to pick us up tickets at a fishing store or gas station in brooks. I am not to sure if there is limited numbers or if you can buy at the lake.

I will talk to my buddy in the next couple days and see what I can find out unless someone else posts up the answer for you.

I know there is a ton of people out at all the designated areas so I am thinking that you could pick up tickets at the lake.

As for beaver mines there is a limited number of tickets and you can call one of the organizers and he usually makes a trip or 2 into lethbridge to pick up raffle prizes so you can reserve some tickets and meet him at wholesale to pay for the tickets and pick them up.

Nate

thanks nate