PDA

View Full Version : recommend a charter in mazatlan?

jessedm
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
im heading to mazatlan, anyone know of a good charter outfit there for a decent fishing trip? thanks in advance.

Dakota369
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
im heading to mazatlan, anyone know of a good charter outfit there for a decent fishing trip? thanks in advance.

Been there three times, go down to the docks around 3-4 pm when they are coming in, and look and see who is bringing in fish. The new dock is where you will find the better outfits by the way. Talk with them and see if you can join in with a 1/2 full boat for either a 1/2 day or a full day if you want. Look for newer and nicer boats as well. You can shave a good amount of the cost off this way. Don't book in advance, you will just end up paying way too much. Have a great time and hope for a nice day, and wear tone of sunscreen while out on the water........Also I would strongly suggest no imbibing on the night/day before you go or you will not enjoy it.........

:scared0018:

barbie_bambi_killer
01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Exactly as Dakota369 said. This time of year the fishing is not great, much better in April and early November. That being said some friends got a dorado and a bonita in the boat over Christmas. Also pack a couple sweaters for the evenings, I got back the 7th and it was really cool at night for the 2 weeks I was at my parents place! Good luck!

seahawkfisher
01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
x2 on going the the new (el cid) marina. have gone out of both and the better boat / guide came from the new marina. the bottom fishing can be great there this time of year; caught a snapper that couldda fit my hole head in it's mouth (and i have a grande cabezza)
cheers

jessedm
01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
there is going to be 5 of us, and one is a ten year old will they take kids?

seahawkfisher
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
we usually take a super panga (smaller boat that has a biffy for the ladies) ; they are somewhat designed for 4 fishermen but if one is a kid, im sure you cold work something out. shouldnt have to pay more than 200 bucks for 4-5 hrs for the boat and captain.
cheers

Sundancefisher
01-20-2011, 10:56 PM
there is going to be 5 of us, and one is a ten year old will they take kids?

As someone who has organized hundreds of people going fishing over the years...I would highly recommend taking along 12 hour gravol capsules. These don't over medicate and go a long ways to preventing sea sickness. Many people are not used to ocean waves and especially being a long ways from land.

Especially with kids...as soon as one gets sick...others do also. It is not fun for them and you are usually forced to go back early. Take it 2 hours before departure...1 hour before at the latest. Don't eat any citrus that morning and also pop a few tums if anyone stomach still feels butterflies at all.

Then have fun!

aulrich
01-21-2011, 09:08 AM
So SWMBO booked we are going March11, she tell me the resort we are at is at the edge of the resort area she tells me rock points and empy beach. So a surf caster is coming along. So anyone have sugestions for lures, what I would like them to multi task for big pike as well, I was thinking big swimbaits ,jigs, a big 5 o dimonds. what other stuff would you recommend. Bait rigs?

Also has anyone fished for bass, there is supposed to be some good bass fishing near by.

podman
01-21-2011, 11:30 AM
hey isn't that where that recent Canadian was shot? Have fun I wish I could be there fishing as well. I was there last year but went surfing not fishing and it was great.