PDA

View Full Version : burbot at Wabamun

780sjc
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
out there again yesterday and did really well all day running tip ups for pike. Also landed a burbot who took my 10'' herring off one of the tip ups. Anybody catching these regularly out there or are they fairly uncommon for wab? On a side note the weather out there was super funky all day. One minute sunny cloudless day and the next there was a white wall of snow with severely limited visibility.

crazyfish
01-20-2011, 12:00 PM
very cool , i have seen a few of them come outta there, but i never really targeted them either !!! Not at all surprised , but thats a pretty good sized one there ! Congrats !

mooseknuckle
01-20-2011, 12:23 PM
out there again yesterday and did really well all day running tip ups for pike. Also landed a burbot who took my 10'' herring off one of the tip ups. Anybody catching these regularly out there or are they fairly uncommon for wab? On a side note the weather out there was super funky all day. One minute sunny cloudless day and the next there was a white wall of snow with severely limited visibility.

were you the gentlemen 100 yards east of us? we were in the ice cube.

we've pulled a few burbs out as well, they seem to like what we are feeding the pike so hey whatever works. we got a 9lber out of there last week.

Nice pic!! Any decent sized pike?

780sjc
01-20-2011, 12:58 PM
were you the gentlemen 100 yards east of us? we were in the ice cube.

we've pulled a few burbs out as well, they seem to like what we are feeding the pike so hey whatever works. we got a 9lber out of there last week.

Nice pic!! Any decent sized pike?

No we were all alone in a bay on the south side. Biggest pike yesterday was 15lb 3 oz. Last week my buddy landed a 24lber in the same bay. Found quite the honey hole. Averaging around 12lb pike everyday were there. Seems that bay only holds small perch and monster pike and the odd burbot. With the lake being C & R its really helping out the size of those fish. My second year ice fishing it and its become quite a favorite.