PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Plonge

sco22
01-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I am headed up to Lac La Plonge in Northern Saskatchewan next week to fish at Anglers Trail Resort. I have a couple of questions. Has anyone fished this lake? Anyone tried this resort? Supposedly there is some monster pike and walleye along with lots of quality sized lakers. I have never fished lakers. . .any recommendations on the tackle? They have some tackle for us, but I would prefer to show up with my own.

I have hooked up my flip camera to my new Marcum 625 so I am hoping I can post some good video when I get back.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers.

prinny53
01-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I've fished there a few times but it's been a while. There are some huge pike and lot's of lakers. You'll have to travel to the churchill river system (pinehouse) to find any walleye as they aren't in La Plonge. The best hook I found for the lakers there was a white slater.

The resort is nice as far as I can remember, all you need for an ice fishing stay. Dan (I think that's the owners name) is very helpful letting you know where to go on the lake for the pike and lakers. He should have information on where to go for walleye as well.

Good luck!

Arctic Blonde
01-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Have fished there a couple times each winter the past few years. Hot and cold like anywhere else. Dan and Jodi are great hosts at Anglers Trail. Cabins are in good shape and we always have a good time. I think he has 4 huts on the ice and he will always try to get you in the right depth for the day. Great lake.

sco22
01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies. I am really looking forward to this.

Normally we end up camping in a converted cargo trailer with bunks and a wood stove. Having showers, let alone a whole cabin will be quite the luxury.

We are trying this resort as a test for an annual trip (16th year this year) where guys from all across Canada come for 5 days in March.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

topgun
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Lots of walleyes in the Beaver north of town about a mile or south to Bouvier Ranch would need a sled to get to both

lemmotlow
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Big fish , way better than COLD LAKE. fish all over the island. Cheap land for sale also. Best icefishin on earth. Check it out on youtube.

sco22
01-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Lots of walleyes in the Beaver north of town about a mile or south to Bouvier Ranch would need a sled to get to both

Thanks topgun. Apparently the owners can get us out on the river if we want to go there. I generally target walleye in the winter so I might give it a try.

Cheers.

sco22
01-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Big fish , way better than COLD LAKE. fish all over the island. Cheap land for sale also. Best icefishin on earth. Check it out on youtube.

Thanks lemmotlow. . .that sounds like quite the endorsement.

Cheers.

Teamprotz
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
They can probably direct you to a near by sled in lake with very good walleye and big perch. A buddy goes yearly but i'm not sure of the lakes name.

hydrofish01
01-24-2011, 10:56 AM
We go ice fishing there every winter. It is a great fishery! Lots of lakers. Use big jigs and be aggressive. You guys will have great time. Dan and Jodie are excellent hosts, I have been to many small resort type places and Anglers trail is awsome!

Saskbuck40
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
My favorite lake to go to. Just got back yesterday. Fishing was a little slow this time but we still caught some lakers and a pile of burbot. Great resort as well. Good luck!