PDA

View Full Version : Novice Ice Fisher

carsie
01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello, Im new to ice fishing and my boyfriend hasn't gone in awhile. We live in Calgary and would like to go ice fishing somewhere not too far from Calgary but has good Perch fishing. Any ideas and help would be great.

Thanks

jts1
01-22-2011, 03:41 PM
You could try your luck right in Calgary at Carburn park It has Pike and perch in it. I will be going out on Thursday if you have some free time and want to head out somewhere I am not sure where yet But maybe try for some Brook Trout.

carsie
01-22-2011, 04:01 PM
We will have to try that possibly tomorrow then. The only time we really have to go anywhere is the weekend usually at that on Sundays. Thanks for the advice. Thursday we work but thanks for the offer.

jts1
01-22-2011, 04:14 PM
You bet Good luck and if there is anything I can do Just send em a PM. have a look at my Google map thread for some locations.

FishFearMe
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Has anybody been catching any brookies up Sibbald way JTS?

jts1
01-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Have not heard much about it as of yet. I am thinking up Burnstick way this Thursday may be in order. A few lakes up there a guy can hitup there. Maybe get some Perch and a nice Brook now that you mention them.

WayneChristie
01-22-2011, 09:38 PM
closest place to Calgary with almost guaranteed perch is the pond at Enchant, but they are catch and release only there, with the odd rainbow that you can keep as well.

tacklerunner
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Also watch for Sundancefisher's posts usually titled Sundance Perch Removal or something to that effect. Now and then he invites a group to Lake Sundance right in Calgary to try reduce the population of perch in it. He lives on the lake which is private for residents only but used to be (and I guess still is) a biologist and has special permission to try clean up the perch in Lake Sundance.