PDA

View Full Version : Lees Lake Icefishing Derby

JJRND
01-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know if there are tickets still available and where to get them? This is the 2011 version of the beaver mines derby. They decided to move it to Lees Lake this year. Not completely sure why. Anyone planning on attending? It's on Feb 21st. This is all the info I've been able to find on it.
http://passherald.ca/index4.htm
Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

npauls
01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
I will see if I can find out the info for it. Usually the guy that runs it(gary I think) makes a run or 2 into lethbridge and you can contact him through a phone call and reserve some tickets and meet him at wholesale sports to exchange money and tickets.

Nate

harrydude
01-22-2011, 08:30 PM
right from the artical in the link

For more information on the Fishing Derby, or to purchase tickets once they arrive, contact Robert Duff at 403-562-2878

glen1971
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
They moved it to another lake as Beaver Mines is dead..

"According to Coombs, Senior Fisheries Biologist Daryl Wig went out to the lake to investigate the fish death after hearing about it, and observed approximately 50 dead fish along the shoreline. Unfortunately, an exact cause of death could not be determined, but biologists believe it had nothing to do with chlorine."

From the above ad...

tacklerunner
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tacklerunner/LeesLakeDerby.jpg

fisherwoman
02-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Sorry to drag up an old post, but this derby is coming up soon. I have tickets to this event, but it will be my first derby, and I don't know the protocol.
Can I sit in my tent where its warm, or does everyone have to be in plain sight? I know some don't allow tents. I know its C&R only, and to bring a cooler for any fish I catch (to bring to weigh scale).
Any other rules I need to be aware of?
Thanks in advance, I just don't wanna look ignorant when I get there, cuz I'm new at the derby thing :)

npauls
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Ya you can have a tent or shack and fish in there. The last couple years it has been very nice out so hopefully this one is the same way and you will want to be out enjoying the sun. I will be out there along with 5-7 others from around Lethbridge also. It should be a good time for everyone since lee lake holds alot of little fish and some bigger fish for the more competitive types.

fisherwoman
02-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Ya you can have a tent or shack and fish in there. The last couple years it has been very nice out so hopefully this one is the same way and you will want to be out enjoying the sun. I will be out there along with 5-7 others from around Lethbridge also. It should be a good time for everyone since lee lake holds alot of little fish and some bigger fish for the more competitive types.

Sweet, thanks. Yah I'll with a group from lethbridge too. Looking fwd to it! Good luck!

CrowsnestGuy
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Has anybody been out on the ice at Lee's lately? Lots of ice there? I will be out for the derby but have not iced fished Lee's before is there alot of springs on the lake?

TIA

Guitarplayingfish
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Garry told me they were going to try to not allow anyone on the ice in a vehicle. Not sure about springs. Also,Garry told me on wednesday that he had 20 tickets left.. not sure how many the other guys have, Last time i talked to Charles (i think it was) he had 2 tickets pick up only in bellevue left as well. I guess to make it short, Give someone a call now if you want a chance of getting the tickets.

fisherwoman
02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Never had a problem with springs on the lake, don't ever recall any flood water but I've never driven on it either. This will be my first trip out there this season.

Joe Fehr
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Tons of springs on that lake, I will never drive on it again :thinking-006:
:sHa_sarcasticlol: Dropped my truck through by the shore one Jan many years ago.