PDA

View Full Version : Big river walleye classic 2011

bsnyder
01-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey guys , hope your all having a great hardwater season.
After last years success we are going ahead with the Tourny again this year.The Big River Walleye Classic is going to be a premier event and the proceeds realy helped out our local clubs.It will be the July long weekend again, check out the celebrations, entertainment and fireworks on the Friday, they are awsume.
Entrys for last years teams have been sent out(grand fathered event)with a deadline of Feb 1st, new entrys accepted after that.For more info , our new website will be up and running around the end of Jan.It has rules , entrys, accomidations , pictures , ect so check it out.( bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca ????)
The biggest fish of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail for 2010 was caught here.
Hope to see ya there , for more info -papasmurf@sasktel.net or robertsnyder@live.ca
THKS BOB

bsnyder
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM
After last years success we are going ahead with the Tourny again this year.The Big River Walleye Classic is going to be a premier event and the proceeds realy helped out our local clubs.It will be the July long weekend again, check out the celebrations, entertainment and fireworks on the Friday, they are awsume.
Entrys for last years teams have been sent out(grand fathered event)with a deadline of Feb 1st, new entrys accepted after that.For more info , our new website will be up and running around the end of Jan.It has rules , entrys, accomidations , pictures , ect so check it out.( bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca ????)
The biggest fish of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail for 2010 was caught here.
Hope to see ya there , for more info -papasmurf@sasktel.net or robertsnyder@live.ca
THKS BOB

:)

bsnyder
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
:):)

Dust1n
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM

bsnyder
01-28-2011, 06:28 PM
:):sHa_shakeshout::)

bsnyder
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
:sHa_shakeshout::):sHa_shakeshout::)

Teamprotz
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
:snapoutofit: May the best Ranger win ! I'm working again this year.:(

trophyboy
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Any guaranteed payout breakdown available on line somewhere? Thanks.

bsnyder
02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Any guaranteed payout breakdown available on line somewhere? Thanks.
The payout will be the same as last year based on a fuul field of 100 boats.Our old website has this and the new one will have this also , it should be up ad running soon.$25,000.00 1st prise:)
Have a goodone

nicemustang
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Dear Bob, how many free spots are available? What is the camping like up there? I have never been to this area (or fished the lake) and wondering how the fishing is?

Entry fee is how much per team? Also, July LONG weekend? Odd time for a tourney.

bsnyder
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Dear Bob, how many free spots are available? What is the camping like up there? I have never been to this area (or fished the lake) and wondering how the fishing is?

Entry fee is how much per team? Also, July LONG weekend? Odd time for a tourney.

We are just getting going now so lots of room yet(70ish spots yet? )Lots of camping , plus we have overflow if nothing else suits you.Some days you cant keep the walleye off with an 10pd plus sometimes, some times pike are crazy ( some monsters ), and other days slow.I havnt figured the lake out yet but some locals clean up on the walleye all the time.Big lake ,so will take some time to learn.$600 pr team, good payout.Had to fit the tourny in with the rest of the trail plus the town has a great Canada day celebration with fire works so makes for a great time for all.

bsnyder
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
:snapoutofit: May the best Ranger win ! I'm working again this year.:(Sorry Lund all the way!HEHEHE:sHa_sarcasticlol:

nicemustang
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Hmmm....we'll see what the SAWT dates and locations are but I am definitely interested. Since I'm moving back to SK this spring but unknown when we are ACTUALLY moving. I'm definitely in for 2012 LOL!

Hey Bob, where abouts are you in SK? Know any tourney go'ers looking for a tourney partner?

bsnyder
02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Hmmm....we'll see what the SAWT dates and locations are but I am definitely interested. Since I'm moving back to SK this spring but unknown when we are ACTUALLY moving. I'm definitely in for 2012 LOL!

Hey Bob, where abouts are you in SK? Know any tourney go'ers looking for a tourney partner?
We are in Big River,!.25 hrs north of PA.Awsume fishing around here , and hunting thats nuts!!
I might be able to find ya a partner , Try trever re; The reel Doctor

bsnyder
02-05-2011, 07:33 AM
THKS BOB
:snapoutofit:

Freedom55
02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi Bob. Guess you might have given up on me but I am still alive and well. It was my computer that finally gave up the ghost after 17 years on-line so I have been without my forum fix for a while. I am still trying to talk my young nephew into joining me that weekend, but I think he has a wedding that time of year. Maybe his own. Contact me for a day of ice fishing before too long and we can discuss the summer, if you please.
Dave Si.

bsnyder
02-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi Bob. Guess you might have given up on me but I am still alive and well. It was my computer that finally gave up the ghost after 17 years on-line so I have been without my forum fix for a while. I am still trying to talk my young nephew into joining me that weekend, but I think he has a wedding that time of year. Maybe his own. Contact me for a day of ice fishing before too long and we can discuss the summer, if you please.
Dave Si.
Hey Bud, how are ya doing?Ive had a few guys(see above ) looking for partners but most have them.Ice fishing has been on and off here , do u have a sled? With that last wind most of the lakes are hard to get on with a truck exept Cowen, and then its limited.Perch are supposed to be coming back so going to try in the weeds in front of the house when i get time.Call me and maybe we can arrange something, at the very least a coffee:)
Have a great Day
Bob 469-4476:)

bsnyder
02-18-2011, 08:49 PM
THKS BOB

Our New Website is up and running:sHa_shakeshout:. www.bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca
Looks great!!Rules and entry forms are here along with pictures and other info.Should sell out this year so dont wait too long

bsnyder
02-27-2011, 07:27 AM
:)our new website is up and running:sha_shakeshout:. www.bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca
looks great!!rules and entry forms are here along with pictures and other info.should sell out this year so dont wait too long

walleyeca
03-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I know this because I cashed one of BOBBY's cheques at this tournament and it was good! lucky for him! LOL great ran Tournament lots of big walleyes to be had!! And Grace makes the best Breakfasts!!! mmmmmm walleye power!

bsnyder
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I know this because I cashed one of BOBBY's cheques at this tournament and it was good! lucky for him! LOL great ran Tournament lots of big walleyes to be had!! And Grace makes the best Breakfasts!!! mmmmmm walleye power!

Grace says Thks:thinking-006:, Your just being nice so u have a place to stay again- bahahaha:sHa_sarcasticlol:Getting the itch, need spring to arrive:scared0015:

wallycranker
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
very well run tournament hats off to you and grace. Cant wait till this year. See you all there hey trevor im off for 22 days so give me a jingle.

bsnyder
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
very well run tournament hats off to you and grace. Cant wait till this year. See you all there hey trevor im off for 22 days so give me a jingle.

Thanks , we had a blast too:character0053:

bsnyder
03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
THKS BOB

:snapoutofit:

bsnyder
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
THKS BOB

:)bmp

bsnyder
04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Dadaaaaaaa:)

Freedom55
04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Just a bump to the top with a question for Walleye Bob. Are you filling up fast now that the weather has changed?

If you are planning on going, try the Timberland Motel. Clean quiet and inexpensive.

bsnyder
04-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Just a bump to the top with a question for Walleye Bob. Are you filling up fast now that the weather has changed?

If you are planning on going, try the Timberland Motel. Clean quiet and inexpensive.

Hi Dave, how u doing? We are slowly filling, can u bieleve only one month till fishing opens? and a week after that we start out tourny schedual, YAHOOO exept have so much to do yet :) Give me a call sometime,

bsnyder
05-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Still lots of room:confused:, water levels are high but no problems.Everything is good to go.Tourny season soon ,YEHHHH:sHa_shakeshout:

bsnyder
05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Still lots of room:confused:, water levels are high but no problems.Everything is good to go.Tourny season soon ,YEHHHH:sHa_shakeshout:

:):):):):):):)

bsnyder
05-23-2011, 08:04 PM

:sign0111::sign0111:

bsnyder
07-04-2011, 10:43 PM
THKS BOB

:sHa_shakeshout:Another great successfull year.Congrates to all the winners, results will be posted on our website soon.
Hopefully next year will be bigger and better.Looks like -Big Fish for the western Canadian walleye trail should be out of this tournament again.
See ya guys next year , or at Premiers or Vanity:sHa_shakeshout:

Freedom55
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Fished this contest with my wife's niece's son this past week and had the schooling of my life. I learned more about walleye fishing from Walleye Bob and other members of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail the last few days than I have learned about the sport in my life.

I had the smallest boat in the flotilla, the youngest partner (17) and probably the only amateurs in the place. Because I had boat #25, we were the 25th boat to leave on Saturday, last boat in the first flight. That gave me an hour to get out of the way. It also meant that I was the first boat out on the second flight on Sunday. That gave me less than a minute to get out of the way! You just can't imagine how fast a 21' Ranger with a 275hp Merc. strapped to the transom will go. Now picture 24 of them coming at you at 60mph (I can make about 30mph with perfect water and a perfect trim), and the wakes created by that many speedboats at once is truly heart-stopping if you get at it the wrong way. Too much fun!!

We did not do great on the first day, only one 2.38 lb, because the wave action dictated that we stay away from the deep end of the lake, some thirty miles away. The second day we fared a little better and brought in 7.17 lbs for an aggregate of 9.55 lbs. good enough for 34th place. (one of my "pro" mentors only did 6.5 lbs but in fairness had a rookie rookie partner)

The most important part of the weekend is that I was able to prove to myself that I can compete with the big dogs and do okay. I was instructed by the pros, and I learned what new items I need to install in my boat to make me even more competitive, and which things I do not need.

Don't be shy. If you want to compete in this type of contest, try. Try hard. You too can be successful and that only leads to a more successful second, third fourth attempt until abracadabra, prize money.

Friendly town, great organizing commitee, easy going (but intense) contestants and lots of prizes and cash. See you there next year.

Free

bsnyder
07-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Fished this contest with my wife's niece's son this past week and had the schooling of my life. I learned more about walleye fishing from Walleye Bob and other members of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail the last few days than I have learned about the sport in my life.

I had the smallest boat in the flotilla, the youngest partner (17) and probably the only amateurs in the place. Because I had boat #25, we were the 25th boat to leave on Saturday, last boat in the first flight. That gave me an hour to get out of the way. It also meant that I was the first boat out on the second flight on Sunday. That gave me less than a minute to get out of the way! You just can't imagine how fast a 21' Ranger with a 275hp Merc. strapped to the transom will go. Now picture 24 of them coming at you at 60mph (I can make about 30mph with perfect water and a perfect trim), and the wakes created by that many speedboats at once is truly heart-stopping if you get at it the wrong way. Too much fun!!

We did not do great on the first day, only one 2.38 lb, because the wave action dictated that we stay away from the deep end of the lake, some thirty miles away. The second day we fared a little better and brought in 7.17 lbs for an aggregate of 9.55 lbs. good enough for 34th place. (one of my "pro" mentors only did 6.5 lbs but in fairness had a rookie rookie partner)

The most important part of the weekend is that I was able to prove to myself that I can compete with the big dogs and do okay. I was instructed by the pros, and I learned what new items I need to install in my boat to make me even more competitive, and which things I do not need.

Don't be shy. If you want to compete in this type of contest, try. Try hard. You too can be successful and that only leads to a more successful second, third fourth attempt until abracadabra, prize money.

Friendly town, great organizing commitee, easy going (but intense) contestants and lots of prizes and cash. See you there next year.

Free

HAHAHA- toooooo funny:) glad u had a good time