PDA

View Full Version : Who's Tying

Coulee
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Who's tying flies right now? I just finished tying my supply for the year. I have tied:

Copper John's
Evil Weevils
San Juan Worm's
Pheasant Tail Nymphs
Prince Nymphs
Stone Flies

fishstix
01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
I am. Today im heading to soby's to get some crazy glue gel. Its perfect for tying big flies. Like a double bunny.(my favorite.)
So far this winter ive managed to tie some H&L's, some caddis , some parachute adams and some humpy's. Cant wait for april 1 and june 16!!

WillyOneStyle
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm starting late, today will be my first fly of the winter. Perhaps some PMDs.

The Great Outdoors
01-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I used to tie flies for a living. There is no business in it now as most commerically available flies come from Africa or China where they can produce 12,000 flies a week for < $50.00

I have moved onto greener pastures but still have thousands of flies and tying supplies available. PM me if you need fly tying supplies or want to view my collection for sale. I have pretty much everything, and its now starting to collect dust.

greylynx
01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
This morning I went to Michaels craft store and loaded up on yarns for tiny chironomids. They have some new French yarns that are super shiney, that are going to be given a try.

So every imaginable colour and size or chironomid is going to be popped of the vise in the next fiew days.

Pudelpointer
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Who's tying flies right now? I just finished tying my supply for the year.

Just out of curiosity, what does a 'year's supply' look like?

Coulee
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't have any photo's of them, but they are pretty standard nymphs base on patterns that work in the Bow. The pheasant tails are chocolate brown dubbing with peacock herl thoraxes. The evil weevils are tied with green hares ear dubbing and gold goose biot for the legs. Trout in Southern Alberta like their nymphs with a touch of green.

buckfever
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
i try and tie a couple streamers a week just picked up some sheep hair today and wrapped with some heavier gold wire idk how well it will work tho dam you ice!!! lol