PDA

View Full Version : Anyone driving on Long Lake?

greywolffan
01-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Might head up to the Boyle area and was wondering if there are any vehicle tracks on the lake. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks :bad_boys_20:

Coltye
01-25-2011, 07:05 AM
We were there 2 weeks ago and we drove on with qauds,at that time there was about 5"
of water and a foot of snow but it was patchy.There was some trucks on the lake but they stayed by the boat launch and narrows.

WillyP
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Was there on Saturday, about a foot and a half of snow, as soon as you drill your holes the water starts flooding the area, we walked on at the narrows, short walk so not bad at all, one hero in a 4x4 flew by us in the morning breaking trail, snow and water flying went South or us out of site. Approx 2:30 we notice him coming back but stuck off the first noticeable point on the left, when we left at 4:00 he was still there, for that matter he may still be there as I do not know how he is getting off, truck was sunk to bumpers. No one can get out there to pull him. Maybe chains would work but a long walk to get some, or maybe Air Lift:sign0085:
I would not chance it, walk on at the narrows.
BTW fishing was brutal, nice day, normally limit on 10-14" Perch there, but believe it or not I saw 1 all day, buddy caught 4 that were maybe 4-5 inches.
:sign0111:

linemanpete
01-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I wouldnt drive on. We walked on sunday and in some places water was over our boots (10"-12"). The fishing was poor at best.

greywolffan
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like its a waist of time around Alberta right now. We need some cold temps again. :angry3: