PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to PCR tomorrow aft/evening?

nicemustang
01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I want to take advantage of the nice weather. Was hoping for thursday but that fell through, so have "permission" to go tomorrow. Anyone else going? Probably leaving the city around 2:30 pm.

Daceminnow
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
can't do it tomorrow stang. thursday fell though for me too.

nicemustang
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
+10 degrees so I've leaving soon. If anyone is there, I will be fishing at the launch (will start there) and am driving a 2011 white Jetta TDI and black ice cube.

The Fisherman Guy
01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
New grocery getter Musty?

Going to the lake to get some meat, that can't be beat!

nicemustang
01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
LOL yeah. Unfortunately my truck lease is very LOW on KMs, so I am starting to drive the car more until my new truck comes in. Although now it sound like late March (sigh).

ORV
01-27-2011, 07:26 AM
how did you make out stang?
heard it was pretty slow on the weekend.

thanks

orv.

nicemustang
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry this is a late report. I got the flu that night and just getting mobile now.

Arrived at 3:00. Setup shop at the launch on my GPS spot. It was nice out, no snow and quite a bit of melted snow on the ice. That is always nice because the flasher works through it and you don't have to drill a bunch of extra holes. :) Setup in 22 FOW. Fished there for an hour, never saw a thing. A couple people on the lake around the launch, all three came up and asked do I fish here often and do I know the lake? I don't but tried to help. They were fishing all day, no fish, no bites. Not a good sign. I left my tent but packed up and went all they south to canal trying a bunch of different spots. NOTHING. Went around to bridge. NOTHING. Tried a bunch of different depths too. At this point, everyone else packed up and went home. I did see a couple of people come down to the bridge though later. Got back to my tent around 6:00 and setup automatic fisherman. As I was dropping camera the automatic fisherman tripped. It got off but that was a good sign. Got the camera down and there were fish! I got dark early so didn't have a chance to record any footage. Bite was steady until 8:30 when I left. Very very light bites and lots had to give line for 30 secs before they were hooked. Smart little buggers. Caught 30+, no burbs though, but this guy was my last fish at 8:30 pm. That is a first for me at that time of night.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/nicemustang11/Fishing/IMG00055-20110126-2029.jpg

nicemustang
01-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Moral of the story...fish are probably in the deep basin during the day but do come up to feed at night. Don't give up on a spot that you know should work.

npauls
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
I will be out there tonight. I am thinking I will set up in the 15-18 fow range and see what I can find. I won't be out until after the NHL all start draft so it is going to be a late one. Hopefully I can get into them again.

Nate

chubbdarter
01-28-2011, 02:51 PM
is the popularity of this lake...because people like to eat ling?

npauls
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
I think for the most part it is the ling thing and also the fact that it is super easy to catch fish. I am taking my buddy who has never ice fished it and wants to try it out. We would normally head elsewhere but it is a good place for a solid night bite and we both have time tonight to give it a go.

Nate

nicemustang
01-28-2011, 04:49 PM
because those of us who like to catch walleye and need a good fix when we get shut out at places like travers, its always nice to have the confidence back! I don't keep pike or burbs, just fishing for the fun of it.

Bow flyman
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I got down to PCR yesterday (thursday) aternoon. The ice under the bridge had melted, and it was open water. So we fished down at the dam. 3 hours, jig and minnow, and caught nothing. Several other guys had been there all day, and also got skunked. I wanted to stay later for the burbot, but we had to leave. At least I got to see the place, as it was my first trip there. Hearing so much about this fishery on the internet, I will give it a try this summer, when the walleye are more active.