PDA

View Full Version : Buck Lake Conditions

alpineman
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Its been years since I have been to Buck Lake (near Drayton Valley).
I have a property for sale and have a part offer for a trade for a Lake front property at Buck Lake, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the Fishing and water conditions are like, Its a little hard to see the conditions during winter. The property is on the South east side of the lake. Anything you can tell me would be great help.
Thanks

Dust1n
01-28-2011, 06:18 PM
slow but then again its somewhat better then gull from what i hear from the tackle shop

browning375
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I use to own a lot in oaks bay, NE side of buck lake, fishing is really good in the summer, and is one of the last lakes you can keep a walleye in. Not too much of a fan of the south end of the lake , too many weeds!

perchie15
01-31-2011, 11:45 PM
I frankly myself dislike the lake.. at the north end boat launch it stinks.. water is the greenest in the north end also.. From all the algae. Its definately a dirty lake though.. Thats why i mostly go to Cow lake, WAbamun, or even battle.. in the summer that is.. in the winter time ya ofcourse buck lake is clear.. but think the fishing is depleting everyyear cause of the dam netting they have going on there in the winter time... BIG WHITEFISH though... Not on of my favorite lakes..