PDA

View Full Version : Langdon Resivoir ??????

deepfried
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Passed by Langdon resivoir today out on 22X , and it looked like a couple ice shantys out there ..... Is this a good spot to go fishing ? Never heard anyone even talk about fishing there ... could have just been shacks for something else but looked like fishing shacks !

baitfisher83
01-29-2011, 05:58 PM
they must have just put those out...I dont remember them being there last week...I didn't think anyone ice fished it, supposed to be good for pike but it's pretty tough access in Summer...And if you had no luck there you could always move somewhere else within and hour of that spot.

nicemustang
01-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Lots of small pike in the lake. Very stinky water though.

slough shark
01-31-2011, 01:05 AM
yeah there is primarily just small pike in there, the biggest I ever caught was maybe 5 pounds if that, access is tough though as far as I am aware foot access only or by snow mobile up the canal. Also heard about potential trout where the canal comes in in the summer time, although I have never seen any myself. I do some duck hunting out there and that water is awful smelly, I wouldn't eat anything out of there ...

MitchR
01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Me and my dad tried ice fishing on it at the end of december, but we were only out there for about half an hour as it was very cold (-26 with no tent).No bites. We go there often in the summer and all we seem to catch is small pike. I know for sure there is trout and walleye in there as well. Right after it froze last year, we looked through the ice in the canal and there was a dead walleye, probably 10+ pounds. There was a ton of little pike in there, one bigger one (12ish pounds), a few burbot and a rainbow trout.

Fishtracker
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Which side of the lake was the canal on that you looked at? Upstream or down?