PDA

View Full Version : spray update

ragweed
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Did anyone make it out to Spray or U/L K today?
If so, how was the drive and snow?

iliketrout
01-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I spent Friday night in Canmore and drove back this morning from 9:30 - 10:30. The right hand lane was clear black pavement and the left hand lane was snow covered almost the entire way. Could be different tomorrow with more accumulation from today. It looked like Canmore didn't get nearly as much snow as Calgary.

ragweed
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
K...Thanks.
Looks like I'm gonna head out tomorrow and giver 'er a go.

Braun
01-30-2011, 02:54 PM
ragweed, howd you make out. me and the lady might play hookie and go tomorrow morning

ragweed
01-30-2011, 03:19 PM
No so great but marked a ton. Left them all in the Lake. I was at the same spot we were before. Maybe a little closer to the far shore. Still can't find that 80' of water people say is there.

A family showed up at around noon though and started nailing them (2 or 3 in 15mins.) not far out from the launch. I was on the way out when I met them. About half way between the launch and the shack. (I didn't think shacks were allowed there??)

Loooooong haul through the snow to get to the other side. Prolly last time I'm making that trip. I'll start on the near side next time or Sparrowhawk.

Fishtracker
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Good info Ragweed. Just wondering how deep the snow is on the lake?

ragweed
01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
8 inches all around plus more in the drifts.

greekopao1
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Hey ragweed could you tell me about how long of a drive on the Spray road from Canmore? Me and a buddy are thinking about heading there for a night to give it a try!! I hear white tube jigs and buzz bombs baited with smelts are the way to snag a few? Were you having much luck? I think we might try Sparrowhawk it hear its a little better than Driftwood area. Thanks for your help and time man!!

ragweed
02-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Everything you've said appears to be correct.
It's about 20 mins up the road. You can't miss either spot as they have signs on the road.