PDA

View Full Version : Carson water conditions etc?

Tyangelo
02-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Heading to Carson tomorrow AM, and was wondering what the ice conditions are like... Any floodwater? Also, how the lake is doing lately in general.

About a month ago I was going to try to hit up little McLeod, but someone told me the gate to it was closed. Anyone been there lately? Any luck?

SwampShark
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I would also like to know about the current conditions at Carson.

I spoke to a CO in December who told me that the ice at Little McLoud can be very inconsistent. Apparently there are many methane pockets, especially on the opposite side as the boat launch.

Tyangelo
02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Thought Id throw everyone an update. Was out yesterday from 8 til 2. Caught one right away with shrimp, but for the next 4 hours, everyone I saw on the flashed came in to investigate, and then 180'd and left. Tried everything I could think of. Had some more success later on with a Rapala Jiggin Rap of all things. Most messed up fishing Ive had at Carson. Some other guys were having the same problem, while a couple other guys did alright. That's why it's called fishing, not catching...heh. Ice Conditions were alright. About 8" of crust that didn't give any floodwater issues. We walked on, but guys were driving on no prob. 18-20" if ice.