PDA

View Full Version : Salt Water Flyfishing

3Dshooter
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
What's Calgary's best source for salt water fly gear? Looking for a spey reel/ line as well as bluewater flies.

Bigtoad
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
What's Calgary's best source for salt water fly gear? Looking for a spey reel/ line as well as bluewater flies.

I know Countrypleasures has some salt water flies and gear. I think mostly for permit and bonefish but they might have larger gear as well.

Cheers.

Sundancefisher
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Fish Tales has a ton of salt water flies. The ones I picked up caught a ton of bones, a beautiful permit and lots of cudas and a few jacks.

FlYiNGuY
02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Fish Tales is my "go to" shop for salt water gear and advice, they even charter their own trips to cuba, christmas island etc etc. stop by and have a chat, they will set you up.

Check out some of their free seminars on the weekends, every now and then there is a salt water one.

Kingfisher
02-04-2011, 01:38 AM
One more vote for Fish Tales.

I've fly fished a lot in salt water. For bones, permit, and tarpon. They are always great with advice and they have a good selection of reels, rods, lines and flies. Mind you I tie my own flies. But they do have them if you need them.

Rob