PDA

View Full Version : close quater fishing

coorslight
02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Wats the deal with people coming and fishing in your holes that are ten feet from your truck like theres a whole god dam lake geez

madatter
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Had a car load of young guys come by me last year,pull up in a car,park 20 feet away.
Pull out their crap,start fishing out of holes I had drilled,then ask me to drill some more for them..LOL
One even wanted to use my fishing gear,cause I had some extra rods...LOL
Didnt ask if I minded,didnt care that my peaceful existence was gone to swearing,cursing and beer drinking...
Five on one was'nt the time to say much so I ended up moving.
Ultimately it is their right to fish wherever they want and if you don't like it too bad,doesn't make it right tho....mostly ignorant!
I hate to say it but most of my experiences with getting crowded in summer or winter have been with the younger generations....I must be getting old!:(

baitfisher83
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm of the "younger generation" and those people **** me off too, you don't have to be 5 feet from the next person to catch fish...

Newspeak
02-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Wats the deal with people coming and fishing in your holes that are ten feet from your truck like theres a whole god dam lake geez

Where were you fishing?

chubbdarter
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
weve had people ask to look at the camera......in the tent and then get their rod and not leave.

had people invite themselfs to our bait

had people run and fish a hole we just pulled a fish out of

had 1 person walk up to a windlass curious to watch it work and then pull the line out of the water.

had a group follow us(didnt know them) out and park 5 feet from our truck....then they pulled out a boom box and place it on our tail gate and cranked the volumne. so we moved and they followed.....took a drifted path last i saw of them was in my rear view...STUCK....

Darren N
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Understand your frustration. i keep reminding myself when these things happen there are more Good fisher people than bad. Bottom line it's not worth getting hurt over see if they are nice enough to ask for space, and if not bear with it or leave.

deepfried
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
had this happen at travers 2 weeks ago when it was COLD , so not many out on the ice , and dude pulls up 20 feet from us and proceeds to drill holes , felt like swearing at him

gl2
02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
i have been pretty lucky this year but i will say that i dont mind if guys want to stop and see how i am doing on there way by but for the love of god there is no reason u cant get out of your truck and walk the last little bit. instead of comming up to me doing 40k an hour and powersliding to my hole. some people say this noise does not effect walley but more times than not these fish are gone before the guy even has his window down.

Gust
02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
The first thing in the regs is etiquette,,, space, respect, etc...

my Dad said something the other day while fishing and something similar ocurred; why don't they drill holes strategic to where the fish might go if they pass our holes? But no, they set up 15 feet away. If someone comes up and asks if they can fish close, I always say "yes, fish where you like..." but to blindly set up on the porch is just odd.

ssyd
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
It's been a huge pet peeve of mine this year too. This is the first year I've gotten really into fishing and spent a significant amount of time on the water. I haven't gotten to the point yet of actually having to say something to these people mostly because they make me chuckle. I'm a relatively inexperienced 23 year old fisherman so I laugh more than complain when people want to follow me around the lake. Honestly how bad a fisherman do you have to be to need to follow someone like me around the lake?

chubbdarter
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
you want to fish in my back pocket you better be driving the KFC delivery van

Dust1n
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
first u must love kfc second ppl think you are fishing in the ideal place cause u must know the lake if your fishing there lol. at least the didnt go into your shack and started to fish in your hole

AbProwler
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
first u must love kfc second ppl think you are fishing in the ideal place cause u must know the lake if your fishing there lol. at least the didnt go into your shack and started to fish in your hole

Hasn't happened this year on the ice, but a several years ago, on South Buck a guy was fishing a couple hundred feet away from me and my buddy. we were doing pretty good Slip-bobbing W.E.,(15-20) most were just under the size, but every once in a while one was big enough to keep.
After about an hour or so here he comes WOT, into reverse, waves..throws out his anchors and just glares at us.
Now I am actually behaving myself, I DON'T say anything, I REPRESS my urge to drowned him and we decide it is time to leave......the SOB was so close, his bow anchor ended up over my stern anchor line.:fighting0074:

I believe, the water belongs to everyone that buy's a licence, but some guy's just don't practice common sense when it comes to catching fish!

ziesfish
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Ya I always get a good chuckle out of people that fish close to me because they think I know the hot spots or something. Every lake here in Alberta is new to me, as I just moved here from Manitoba about a year ago, most lakes I got to I'm fishing for the first time.

Although a couple of years back I was ice fishing the Red river near Lockport Manitoba with my dad. Anyone from Manitoba understands the fishing pressure that river gets in the winter(easily 300 or more shacks/groups of people fishing every weekend, very easy to find hundreds of open holes on the ice). anyway my dad and I were jigging for sauger near the bridge with quite a bit of success, next thing you know a older European dude that could hardly speak any english, came up to the hole my father was actively fishing in, and dropped his line in. The guy said he was poor and fishing for food, I was watching the whole thing take place,I trying no to **** my pants from lauphing to hard. My old man calmly reeled up and moved to one of the other 100 open holes near by, dropped his jig down, pulled up a sauger, and put it right back down the hole to release it. The look on the european dudes face was priceless.

Dust1n
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
at least you wernt in a 3 man boat boat fishing with another person and some ideot comes and trolls his lures right beside you...at sylvan caught a ton of waleye long line trolling slow with cd-5 gold we must of had like like over 50 fish andsurprisingly no pike lol

chubbdarter
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
heres a gooder

trolling for rainbows both planer boards out both flagged and skipping like a pair of dolphins....6 rods in the holders looking like a porcupine at 3.5 mph
pleasure boat cruises by....appears to be curious as to what we are doing.Passes 50 feet in front of us.......then hooks around and passes 40 feet behind us.......cuts off 6 polar bear flies
everyone waved him off like the end of the world was happening....they all waved backed to say hello.

vettedreamer
02-03-2011, 10:55 PM

Sorry Coorslight just looking for some company some bullshiz someone to share excuses ...............if I bother you its not out of spite or knowledge that there is a whole lake avaiable just looking to bullshizz away from reality:fighting0074: