PDA

View Full Version : Gary Parsons doing seminars at Bass Pro this weekend

Mudslide
02-05-2011, 01:59 PM
I just saw Gary Parsons at Bass Pro do a seminar that was fantastic. I think he's doing it again tomorrow. If you're serious about Walleye fishing you should check it out.
http://www.thenextbite.com/home

Gary Parsons, of Glidden, WI, is a professional walleye fisherman, specializing in tournament fishing and walleye fishing promotions. Gary is a “Legendary Angler” inductee into the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame and one of the co-hosts of the popular The Next Bite TV show, airing on VERSUS network. Following are a few of his impressive tournament and career accomplishments:

Angler of the Year Titles:
*The only person to have won “Angler of the Year” titles in three open Professional Walleye Circuits.
1988 – Manufacturer’s Walleye Council (MWC)
1993 – Professional Walleye Trail (PWT)
1994 – Professional Walleye Trail (PWT),
* Unprecedented Back-to-back titles
1995 – North American Walleye Anglers (NAWA)
2007 – Professional Walleye Trail (PWT)
* Three time (PWT), “AOY” title record
* Along with the regional (PWT), “AOY” never been done before

npauls
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I really wish I could make it up there to check that seminar out. Unfortunately I was in cow town on thursday at bass pro and the boat show.

Daceminnow
02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
sounds like a rock star. i'm a big Barry White supporter. no titles, just a regular guy with a passion. he catches the odd fish too.

Mudslide
02-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Barry White is a disco star from the 70's. Caught a few babes with that bait. :)

SlewFish
02-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Attended a Parson's seminar about 15 years ago. He knows his stuff and gave me a good understanding on how to figure out the lakes we fish. Well worth the price of admission (which was $0.) If we get one thing out of one these seminars from someone who fishes his whole life for a living we are ahead of the game.

Mudslide
02-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I think he's going to do a repeat at noon tomorrow.

freeones
02-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I really wish I would have been able to get to one of those seminars.

Fishing is all about always learning, you never know everything, and it's not often you get a chance to learn from someone with that kinda knowledge and experience, in fact, almost never.

Gary Parsons is one of the premier walleye fishermen in the world, and for my money, The Next Bite is the best fishing show on TV.

I'll be kicking myself for not getting to that one for a long time.

nicemustang
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I really wish I would have been able to get to one of those seminars.

Fishing is all about always learning, you never know everything, and it's not often you get a chance to learn from someone with that kinda knowledge and experience, in fact, almost never.

Gary Parsons is one of the premier walleye fishermen in the world, and for my money, The Next Bite is the best fishing show on TV.

I'll be kicking myself for not getting to that one for a long time.

x2. Although I like other fishing shows better (lindner's) but still upset I missed this and saw this too late....thanks anyway mudslide.

Daceminnow
02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Critical Concepts - In-Fisherman.

Mudslide
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I talked to him a bit and learned a lot of stuff. He went nearly a half an hour after his presentation answering questions and sharing tips and insights for a couple of guys who were interested in tournament fishing. Very Gracious and very down to earth. Count me as extremely impressed. Sundays seminar was on power jigging for shallow water walleyes. It's going to change the way I fish a jig for sure.

nicemustang
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Well share his tips then!

npauls
02-07-2011, 11:06 AM
x2,

I would love to hear what he had to say about the shallow water power jigging.

Nate

Mudslide
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Just going out the door. I'll post a detailed account tonight.