PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake again tommrow

Dust1n
02-05-2011, 10:57 PM
went out early this morning with one deccentperch and seen one pike my buddy caugt a chunky whitefish and a limited out on our frostbite :P
were going out tommorow again early like 6:30 till 10:30 we were using a williams small spoon silver with some ed marker i put on it jigging it on the bottom jerking it up when we see a white/perch to trigger strikes

BEL
02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
What is "ed marker"? BEL

SonnyCovin
02-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey fishhunter I left Leduc @ 7 30 this am and started fishing @ 8 45 within 2 min I had the first fish. By 11 am we were on our way home. The ww of choice was orange. I then tried a shrimp fly with a gold bead head to sink it faster and wow it was a great change. I had cut their gut on previous fish and thats all they had in their stomachs so I thought I'd try it and YEEEEESSSS it worked.

SonnyCovin
02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey fishhunter I left Leduc @ 7 30 this am and started fishing @ 8 45 within 2 min I had the first fish. By 11 am we were on our way home. The ww of choice was orange. I then tried a shrimp fly with a gold bead head to sink it faster and wow it was a great change. I had cut their gut on previous fish and thats all they had in their stomachs so I thought I'd try it and YEEEEESSSS it worked. I must add here I filleted the fish after the foot ball game, "great that the green and gold team LOL won." I again opened the stomach of one of my fish that had a engorged stomach and 8 hours after catching these fish the small shrimp were still alive and kicking. That blew my mind it must have over 200 little shrimp 1/4 to 3/8 's long.

SonnyCovin
02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
A buddy of mine went out today and also limited out today by 11 am. His buddy was not so lucky so they moved to the little cabin on the west side and he also caught his limit. The ww colour of the day was orange.

mountainman
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey Sonny,
Thinking of heading out there tomorrow with my kids. If you don't mind...where were you. I've had o.k. luck from Brownlows. Are you 'fishin in the dark?'...er were you using a shack and watching for the whites to come in or just jigging?
Thanks,
MM

rem300wsm
02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
any luck by brownlows and if so what colour and where and how deep and what were you using thanks

SonnyCovin
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry I couldn't get back to you I work in the oil patch so I'm away a lot. I don't know where brownlows is however if you travel south on the west side of the lake and go by the golf course access then go further south about a mile just before the road turns west there is an access road to the lake that is only 200 yds long. From there angle to the right a touch or follow the well packed track to where everyone seems to be fishing. You should have some luck there. There are lots of grass weeds and they seem to hang around there. Good Luck.

SonnyCovin
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
The colour of choice was orange on Tuesday and then I tried a green shrimp fly with great success. enjoy.Sonny