PDA

View Full Version : slave report..

Brock1
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
rented cabins at lady hawk for the weekend. heard it was real slooooow for eyes. anyone been there. shmag you want to come again?

Daceminnow
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
brock do you know if Bernie has a trail blazed out in front of his place?

bardfromedson
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
i just got back from wide water. spent the night in my shack. caught tons of burbs but no eyes. the floodwater is all froze up and the road out is great. there was a car parked out at the shacks. there is a big ice ridge behind the shacks and some big cracks so watch where you drive. i havn't heard of how the trail out to jousard shacks is.

Marlin07
02-08-2011, 12:58 AM
i just got back from wide water. spent the night in my shack. caught tons of burbs but no eyes. the floodwater is all froze up and the road out is great. there was a car parked out at the shacks. there is a big ice ridge behind the shacks and some big cracks so watch where you drive. i havn't heard of how the trail out to jousard shacks is.

No eyes? Heading up on the weekend of the 26th with Rick. I'm still up in Nunavut until next week, I'll call you when I get back. Lot's of fish on the flashers?

Maybe the eyes have headed West? OR maybe I need to head up and show you clowns how its done.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Shmag
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
rented cabins at lady hawk for the weekend. heard it was real slooooow for eyes. anyone been there. shmag you want to come again?

Jeee...our schedules sure have not lined up this winter, i'm heading back up to the bush for a week starting tomorrow(wed am). Grrrr...work

riderprider
02-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Was at Joussard a week ago and the road out was perfect. Picked up a couple of wallys but yeah it was slow. Anyone been to the narrows? I wonder if you can drive on there safely.

bardfromedson
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
No eyes? Heading up on the weekend of the 26th with Rick. I'm still up in Nunavut until next week, I'll call you when I get back. Lot's of fish on the flashers?

Maybe the eyes have headed West? OR maybe I need to head up and show you clowns how its done.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

tons of fish on the flasher. got sick of whites hitting my barrell swivel so i put a single baithook above it with some maggots. caught the odd white that way. think its my new go too set up. almost all the burbot were hitting on a glow in the dark orange jigging spoon

Marlin07
02-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Whites again hey? Were the fish being fussy like the last time we went out, "off" so to speak? One of these days they should start to get going. Maybe in March like in previous years, more sunlight ect.

Hows the shack? Does it still look like a bomb went off in side? Any F-150 front end parts on the ice?

You able to make it up on the 26th?

Stuarty
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Went out off Canyon Creek on Sunday. Access was easy (cars driving on it). A few eyes about at the drop off. Was using a camera and see now why it fishes so well at dusk, there was very little feed about till about 4.40pm and then the bottom came alive with small fish and other tasty snacks. Wish the weather forecasters got paid on accuracy, forecast was for 4km wind and it was at least 25km. Baltic! Lots of bites, but very very gentle takes, not easy to spot when the wind was howling.

bardfromedson
02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
there is a ton of food down on the bottom. we opened up the stomach on a 3 pound burbot. it was bloated as he@$. it had 20 big shinner minnows inside of it. never seen so much feed in such a small fish.

bardfromedson
02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Whites again hey? Were the fish being fussy like the last time we went out, "off" so to speak? One of these days they should start to get going. Maybe in March like in previous years, more sunlight ect.

Hows the shack? Does it still look like a bomb went off in side? Any F-150 front end parts on the ice?

You able to make it up on the 26th?

sorry no f150 parts. we did move the shack ahead again. that big crack we fell into last time is good and froze up. im working the 26th weekend up so i might not make it again until the end of the season.

iversong
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Spent Sunday at Narrows caught a few in afternoon. They started biting 1 hr before dark.