PDA

View Full Version : Everybody needs one of these?

warbridle
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-travel-trailers-campers-Ice-Fishing-Shack-Hunting-Outpost-or-Summer-Camper-W0QQAdIdZ259166658

nicemustang
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah totally! YOu can find them cheaper in some US places but these ideas are awesome for sure. I can build one out of an old camper for 1/2 that price though.

Dust1n
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
looks decent id be scared to take it out on te lake though lol

Braun
02-08-2011, 06:08 PM
looks decent id be scared to take it out on te lake though lol

Why? that thing would be lighter than your truck.

Dust1n
02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
it will forsure be broken into on sylvan

buster92
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
There is one for sale in airdrie on the corner of east lake and veterans blvd. Don't know how much.

Hunter Trav
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
The only problem I have with those is if you have lots of snow, it could be tough to pull it to your spot on the lake. But like NiceMustang said, you could build one for half that price easily...

Photoplex
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Saw one of these on CVR in December. Watching it lower itself down to the ice was pretty cool. It took them quite a while though to line it up with the holes they'd drilled in the ice. That part looked like a PITA.

Private Ear
02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Saw one of these on CVR in December. Watching it lower itself down to the ice was pretty cool. It took them quite a while though to line it up with the holes they'd drilled in the ice. That part looked like a PITA.

Line it up with the holes! :bad_boys_20:
You're being sarcastic no? That would be funny as all get out.

Photoplex
02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Line it up with the holes! :bad_boys_20:
You're being sarcastic no? That would be funny as all get out.

No, seriously. They were at it for about 1 hour. Back it up - forward - back it up - forward. Drill some more holes a few meters over. Back it up - forward - back it up.

I can be a little OCD at times, and it was driving me round the bend watching them.

CeeZee
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
They are not that light at all! Go to their website and look at the specs, i wouldnt want to be taking that thing on the ice till it was REALLY good! But they are a hell of a rig thats for. I am in the midst of making one, and trust me nice mustang, you would have your work cut out for you if use an old camper and make it lower down, well maybe half i guess. not cheap to make and not nearly as flashy as those units.
I do have my wife convinced to trade our travel trailer for one of them, as we have only used our 3 times in 2 years, at least we would get more use out of it in the winter lol.

I wonder if a guy puts ski's on it that it should pull a heck of a lot easier on the lake.

nicemustang
02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Do you need it to lower down? I don't think so. The best I've seen so far was a guy that used a 10" sewer/water pipe that they put in the ground that he lowered down. That worked slick.

Lots of plans for these frames on the internet, plus plans how the lowering can work with a hand winch. Just need to do some googling. I have a FREE 16' old camper back in SK that I will be fitting up this summer for next year. But I won't be lowering it to ice. Just some sort of way to close it off.

Photoplex
02-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Do you need it to lower down? I don't think so. The best I've seen so far was a guy that used a 10" sewer/water pipe that they put in the ground that he lowered down. That worked slick.

Lots of plans for these frames on the internet, plus plans how the lowering can work with a hand winch. Just need to do some googling. I have a FREE 16' old camper back in SK that I will be fitting up this summer for next year. But I won't be lowering it to ice. Just some sort of way to close it off.

Until you hook a porker, and need to pull it up a 3ft pipe! :scared0018:

nicemustang
02-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Nope, they make hooks for that. Plus the old campers are only 8-12" of the ground.

huntsfurfish
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey nicemustang, Im pretty sure gaffs are illegal in AB.:)

nicemustang
02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey nicemustang, Im pretty sure gaffs are illegal in AB.:)

Yes true, but not in SK they aren't! Plus, how many of you had to use your hook end of the ice scoop to direct a fish up? I have LOL.

CeeZee
02-09-2011, 10:05 PM
the price of metal is nuts right now, and my idea of having it lowered is so the holes dont keep freezing up.

Alberta Bigbore
02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
That just takes the fun our of Ice fishing in our Alberta sloughs.

If I lived near Big water like Lake Of The Woods.... I would want a SnoBear

nicemustang
02-10-2011, 08:39 AM
That just takes the fun our of Ice fishing in our Alberta sloughs.

If I lived near Big water like Lake Of The Woods.... I would want a SnoBear

Me too! Where do I find one? When I google snowbear I just get trailers.

Hunter Trav
02-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I found the ultimate flip-over for icefishing last night, check these out...

http://www.kamparoo.com/

They aren't built for icefishing, but I'm sure a guy could modify one to make it work. There a guy in Wetaskawin (sp?) selling them I guess. Might have to go check them out as he is supposed to have a showroom somewhere in town...

nicemustang
02-10-2011, 09:44 AM
I found the ultimate flip-over for icefishing last night, check these out...

http://www.kamparoo.com/

They aren't built for icefishing, but I'm sure a guy could modify one to make it work. There a guy in Wetaskawin (sp?) selling them I guess. Might have to go check them out as he is supposed to have a showroom somewhere in town...

Those are also very cool! Let me know if you check them out.

nicemustang
02-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I need one of these: http://www.snobearcanada.com/images/SnoBear_brochure_2_.pdf

Daceminnow
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I need one of these: http://www.snobearcanada.com/images/SnoBear_brochure_2_.pdf

check out these ones. traveled in snowcats on slave. that's the closest i've come to being uptown.

http://www.thewilcraft.com/index.php

fish-slaughter
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I was thinking of doing this with my truck camper only paid $500 for it and i think this post just made up my mind!!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Hunter Trav
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Those are also very cool! Let me know if you check them out.

Will do, I'm sure it wouldn't to hard to modify one either. I want to know if I can get one that is basically just the tent with nothing in it. Make it totally customized for fishing. I would even make some of those skis that attach to the tires so you could pull it easier on the lake. Probably wont be fishing this weekend, so maybe I'll see if I can go and have a look at one...