PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Raging Judge handgun

Goater
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Had to post this--28 ga. hand gun there is a smaller .410 version.
It came out a month ago then and then said they wouldn't produce it.
.http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/01/robert-farago/shot-show-28-gauge-taurus-raging-judge-all-the-rage/
"self defence ,hunting and--- fishing?"

BigLou
02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Jesus, what the heck would you do with that?!

Boberama
02-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Pointless gun.
Get the Raging Bull instead, what's the use of a 28 ga handgun?

Nait Hadya
02-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Pointless gun.
Get the Raging Bull instead, what's the use of a 28 ga handgun?

home defense, the shotgun is less likely to penetrate exterrior walls,requires less accuracy in those high stress moments and is very deadly at close range.

Boberama
02-09-2011, 11:26 AM
home defense, the shotgun is less likely to penetrate exterrior walls,requires less accuracy in those high stress moments and is very deadly at close range.

Why not get a .410 Judge?

Why not get a 12 ga?

Dumb revolver.

huntinstuff
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
You will have to be too close for that to be effective
If the guy has a knife he will get you even if you get him

And how dare you try to defend yourself in Canada.....dont you know that the police are the only ones who can protect you???? You just be patient during the attack......

Nait Hadya
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
You will have to be too close for that to be effective
If the guy has a knife he will get you even if you get him

And how dare you try to defend yourself in Canada.....dont you know that the police are the only ones who can protect you???? You just be patient during the attack......

WHOOPS, i was thinking in american and typing in canadian. my bad. police protect, you have no idea how wrong that statement is,so wrong....

So Nova *!%
02-09-2011, 03:01 PM
might be fun to take out to the lake if one could manage the recoil! I know there is always someone who can handle the recoil!

Got Juice?
02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I would want to go to a sporting clays shoot with one of those... just for snicks and giggles.

albertadeer
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
The Judge is all you need...410. or 45.colt.......boom!

Lonnie
02-10-2011, 02:44 AM
slugs in 28ga. should be quite effective. does any one know what caliber that would be

Nait Hadya
02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.hightech-edge.com/the-raging-judge-short-barreled-shotgun/10194/

Tundra Monkey
02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Huntinstuff you kill me :)

See boyz......there is lots of them that feel the same and I'm guessing it's a pretty big number.

tm

CaberTosser
02-10-2011, 07:32 PM
WHOOPS, i was thinking in american and typing in canadian. my bad. police protect, you have no idea how wrong that statement is,so wrong....

Now THIS is funny. Methinks Nait has no idea who Huntinstuff is in the mysterious world outside of AO :)

savage7mm
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
slugs in 28ga. should be quite effective. does any one know what caliber that would be

according to te hunters ed book the 28 gauge is a .550 call, 20 gauge is a .615, 16 gauge= .670, 12 gauge is .729 and a 10 gauge is .775

WayneChristie
02-10-2011, 08:26 PM
"Apart from the fact that anything above .50 caliber can be labeled a destructive device, "
guess if its less than 50 cal its only good for scaring things??? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

uglyelk
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
The police can’t keep you safe, hell they can’t even keep themselves safe if Macklin sits the bench.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/03/25/edmonton-steele-charter-rights-charges-stayed.html

Excessive use of force, judge rules
Macklin called the shooting an excessive use of force and "a clear example of cruel and unusual treatment imposed upon Mr. Steele."
"Firing a Glock pistol without warning seven times at a man armed with no more than a steak knife from distances of 20 feet or less is an unconscionable use of excessive and aggressive force in the circumstances," the judge wrote.
Edwards had testified that he believed Steele to be a danger to him and two other officers, but Macklin said he didn't believe that.
"In my view, he witnessed Mr. Steele stabbing his partner, his friend and his family's pet. So he shot him and he shot him in a potentially lethal manner. To borrow from an oft-quoted phrase, Mr. Steele brought a knife to a gunfight."
Macklin also found the subsequent investigation of the incident to be "sloppy and negligent" which included poor note-taking by an investigator.
Steele's lawyer, Tom Engel, said the ruling sends a message to police.
"The message is this kind of misconduct by the police will not be tolerated," Engel said. "Even if somebody's committed serious criminal offences, it won't be tolerated by the courts and the courts are going to make a very clear message to all police officers and everyone in the public that charter rights are the primary rights in our society and so the courts are going to protect them."

I’m kind of stunned by the garbage that’s coming out of this dudes mouth!
The bottom line is you are responsible for you. If someone doesn’t explain the Tueller Drill to the judge a lot of innocent folks are going to end up sharing a cell with Bubba.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL1zX-SrBH0

Maybe the new age judge just can’t relate to guns and knives. He doesn’t have a clue about violence. Maybe he grew up with a sliver spoon in his mouth and leans so far to the left he can’t imagine Evil Bad Guys. In his world there are no EBG’s just poor unfortunates that are victims of society.

Hell everyone has seen star wars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRM-UPzhGY
I’m sure the judge would have understood if the K9 unit had been cut in half with a light saber and the EBG was headed for the LEO.

Yeah, yeah I know the judge nurtured by the tube would have expected a leg shot!
(Boob Tube not Your Tube)
Bottom line is time for those who sit on the bench to get some training in the real world. Until they do no one is safe from their misguided perceptions of the world.

uglyelk
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I've a big fetish for 28 ga. Perfect grouse shell in my opinion. This revolver interests me as a toy. If I wanted to hunt grouse it would be an old single barrel cooey or an old woodsmaster 22LR.

I think this tank of a revolver would fail as a grouse collector as the pattern would spread to quick. For stopping EBG's it would also perform poorly as it doesn't deliver much energy to the target.

Probably would be a fun toy for a week or two and join all the other safe queens in one of the dusty gun safes.

Still have interest in a shotgun revolver. Hope one day someone comes out with a 4 shot 20 ga. Think that might find a home in my shack.

CHE
02-10-2011, 09:08 PM
all i can add to the above is the fact that we have idiots sitting in judgement in our courts. they have their heads stuck in sand. their out of touch with reality.

its to bad the officer didn't kill this guy steele. he certainly deserved to be shot. as a former police officer myself we were trained if you have to shot two shots to centre mass one shot to the head.

hope i haven't offened an liberals out there. if i have to frickin bad.
don't come to my place with the intent to commit a crime. if you think i'll wait for the police to protect me----------well come armed.

duffy4
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I do believe that if I saw someone carrying that think, I would give up right quick.

savage7mm
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
like a friend says, average response time for police is 8 minutes, avarage response time for .357 mag is 1400 fps lol

uglyelk
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I do believe that if I saw someone carrying that think, I would give up right quick.

Ha but the guys carrying them would be easy to spot, they all would be tilting significantly. And in Canada with barrel regs you'd have a heck of a time finding a holster that would work as a concealed carry!

Ahh lets go over the top and make one that accepts moon clips!:sHa_shakeshout:

Time for the manly revolver, enough of this panty waist shot shell fluff. When is the rigby revolver going to show up.:sHa_sarcasticlol: Why carry an elephant gun when you can carry an elephant revolver!

uglyelk
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
The state draws chalk outlines and investigates, you are responsible for you.

In a lot of cases that just might mean shut up and keep walking...and sometimes it means you better fight for you because no one else is going to.

Personally if I was looking for a wheel gun to protect my ass this would not even get a peek.