PDA

View Full Version : Dipping Vat Lake

spurly
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Just wondering if anybody has heard of any plans to restock this Lake.I have heard rumours, but nothing definite.

Scott N
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Did they stop re-stocking it? What's the situation with that?

spurly
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
From what I understand, It died off a couple years ago, when the govt. went to stock it, there was an issue with the landowner, which ended up in court.
I have heard the govt. won, and an airation system is supposed to go in, before any stocking takes place.Not sure of the validity, so just checking on here for more info.

glen1971
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
From what I understand, It died off a couple years ago, when the govt. went to stock it, there was an issue with the landowner, which ended up in court.
I have heard the govt. won, and an airation system is supposed to go in, before any stocking takes place.Not sure of the validity, so just checking on here for more info.

Heard that there was a land owner dispute.. Not sure how a landowner figures they can interrupt the flow of water into a stocked provincial lake.. That should be an open and shut case.. Hopefully they can bring this lake back!!:)

Fishtech1986
02-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Heard that there was a land owner dispute.. Not sure how a landowner figures they can interrupt the flow of water into a stocked provincial lake.. That should be an open and shut case.. Hopefully they can bring this lake back!!:)

Yeah i worked all summer doing water quality on the lake. A land owner kept pulling the gate out of the north end outflow and throwing it in to the lake. After 5 or 6 times pulling it out, we got pretty annoyed. No way to prove who keeps doing it. until the dispute is solved it probably wont be stocked. we are still doing water quality on it though, so it is still on the radar.

glen1971
02-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Yeah i worked all summer doing water quality on the lake. A land owner kept pulling the gate out of the north end outflow and throwing it in to the lake. After 5 or 6 times pulling it out, we got pretty annoyed. No way to prove who keeps doing it. until the dispute is solved it probably wont be stocked. we are still doing water quality on it though, so it is still on the radar.

That is good news!! Thanx! I've also heard of another land owner further up the inlet that must not like fishing as they have been dumping some "dirt" very near the creek....