PDA

View Full Version : Perch Hunting

secretspot
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Good day,
Gonna have a great family day weekend up around the grasssland area.
Taking the niece's and nephew's out for a try at some perch.
Any know of ice conditions in the area ??? Gonna try a pearson lake.
Never been but have heard it has a couple in it.
Will post all results just trying to get an idea if i can drive on with my dakota and not get stuck in a ton of slush. Want to make this funfor the kids.
Thanks in advance for any info

BurBot
02-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Last weekend was pretty dicey around Boyle. Saturday afternoon the snow started and there was another 6" by Sunday in the AM. Im hoping the warm weather will melt some of the snow and we might have a decent chance of driving around without getting stuck.

Burbot

jack88
02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Was out at pearson a few weeks ago and good thing I had my skidoo otherwise it would have been tough going. Pearson has a lot of underwater springs feeding the lake so you really really really have to be careful on it. There were a few spots where I saw water under the snow in a 1 meter by 1 meter square, and it wasnt flood water. Caught a bunch of little perch up til about 2 in the afternoon then it really shut down.

I also had to shovel the skidoo out once on the south side of the lake when I lost the cover off the sleigh and had to stop, the snow was mid thigh deep.

carsie
02-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Anyone know of great perch fishing not too far outside of Calgary? Had fun at Burnstick but wanting more Perch action. We are thinking of going out this weekend coming up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

benh
11-21-2021, 06:32 PM
Was out at pearson a few weeks ago and good thing I had my skidoo otherwise it would have been tough going. Pearson has a lot of underwater springs feeding the lake so you really really really have to be careful on it. There were a few spots where I saw water under the snow in a 1 meter by 1 meter square, and it wasnt flood water. Caught a bunch of little perch up til about 2 in the afternoon then it really shut down.

I also had to shovel the skidoo out once on the south side of the lake when I lost the cover off the sleigh and had to stop, the snow was mid thigh deep.

I used to go out to Pearson when I was a youngster with my dad. That was a long time ago. I never did get the directions to the lake from my dad, and he has since passed away. Can you please give me directions to the lake.

Thank-you
Ben

Lornce
11-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Anyone know of great perch fishing not too far outside of Calgary? Had fun at Burnstick but wanting more Perch action. We are thinking of going out this weekend coming up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sure no problem, huge perch here. Go north of Calgary and turn left where that old Graneery was, then a couple of miles west to uncle Zeeks farm, another left where we fixed that old gate. Frenchmans Lake is right there.

Moral: Perch spots are heavily guarded.

marky_mark
11-22-2021, 08:26 AM
10 year old thread

AlbertanGP
11-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Moral: Perch spots are heavily guarded.

It's a lake. He already knows about it, and posted the reason he needs help with directions. It hardly seems top secret. But now that you've gone out of your way to *not* help him, I'm even more curious about it. Good job. :happy0034:

AlbertanGP
11-22-2021, 08:39 AM
10 year old thread

He probably Googled it and came up with this thread. Some of the lakes I fish around here only come up with AO threads from 2009-2012 when I Google them. ;)

ghostguy6
11-22-2021, 08:46 AM
It's a lake. He already knows about it, and posted the reason he needs help with directions. It hardly seems top secret. But now that you've gone out of your way to *not* help him, I'm even more curious about it. Good job. :happy0034:

But he bumped a 10 year old thread to ask about perch spots. If he had access to the forum he had access to google maps. It would have been easier and faster to just google it. Breaking one of the forums unwritten rules is going to get you nothing but sarcasm.

AlbertanGP
11-22-2021, 09:09 AM
Please explain to me where in post #5 he is asking about perch spots. :confused:

Lornce
11-22-2021, 09:28 AM

Hay no problem its a great perch spot.

Who Da Fisherman
11-22-2021, 01:01 PM
But he bumped a 10 year old thread to ask about perch spots. If he had access to the forum he had access to google maps. It would have been easier and faster to just google it. Breaking one of the forums unwritten rules is going to get you nothing but sarcasm.

the fellow who bumped this was looking for directions to Pearson lake, not your hidy hole perch spots.
WDF

KegRiver
11-23-2021, 07:44 AM

Unwritten rules are not rules, they are excuses for acting like a jerk.

If a gentleman doesn't want to give away his secrets he simply keeps his yap shut.

Lornce
11-23-2021, 07:55 AM

If a gentleman doesn't want to give away his secrets he simply keeps his yap shut.

Keeping your yap shut is an unwritten rule here?

JohninAB
11-23-2021, 09:28 AM

Well said Keg!

CardiacCowboy
11-23-2021, 08:58 PM
I used to go out to Pearson when I was a youngster with my dad. That was a long time ago. I never did get the directions to the lake from my dad, and he has since passed away. Can you please give me directions to the lake.

Thank-you
Ben

For those bitching...google maps tells me I can't get there by road lol. Does tell me to walk for a few days if I want to got that way.

To op if you open a new thread with Pearson in title you may get a response if no one has pm you.