PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy ammo with a POL

780sjc
02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Just a quick question, can i buy ammo with my POL license?

hal53
02-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Yup..if you took the course to get your Pol

honda450
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes

duffy4
02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
I keep hearing people say there is no POL any more just a PAL.

When your POL comes up for renewal do you get a renewal on the POL or do you have to go for a PAL?

I just have a PAL and always did.

honda450
02-12-2011, 04:59 AM

When your POL comes up for renewal do you get a renewal on the POL or do you have to go for a PAL?

You can still renew a POL. Don't have to upgrade to a PAL.

OLD JOE
02-14-2011, 09:22 PM

POL are like the 12/6.(PROHIB.) if you don't already have one, ya kan't get one!!!!!!!!!if you already have a POL you can renew it and can borrow any firearm classification you owned when your POL was issued to you. unrestricted/restricted/or prohibited(12/6). you have the same rights as PAL/restricted pal and restricted 12/6 prohibited. you just can NOT purchase another firearm. p.s. if you borrow a restricted of any type, check with your provincal CFO to see if your LTATT allowes you to pick up the restricted firearm. you may need a SHORT TERM att.:scared0018: OLD JOE

sheephunter
02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Yup..if you took the course to get your Pol

No course required for the POL that I recall. It simply allows gun owners that previously owned guns to legally own them but does not allow the acquisition of new guns. But yes, you can purchase ammo with it.

WildCats
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Did i miss something here in the last little while? My dad just went into Canadian Tire and was turned away from buying ammunition because he has a POL, not a PAL???? The manager advised he wasn't going to get involved with it. This is news to me, anybody else have any issues?

WC

catnthehat
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Did i miss something here in the last little while? My dad just went into Canadian Tire and was turned away from buying ammunition because he has a POL, not a PAL???? The manager advised he wasn't going to get involved with it. This is news to me, anybody else have any issues?

WC

The manager at CT is a fool who does not know the regulations, unless maybe the POL was expired?
Cat

gitrdun
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM

WC

Was that the CT in South Calgary?. I ask because they usually have at least one person in that department that knows whether his arse was drilled, bored or reamed.

WildCats
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Did some more digging, their out to lunch........again.

WildCats
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Wetaskiwin CT