PDA

View Full Version : Pine Lake Conditions

Smore24
02-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Fished Pine today, no perch landed, but some very light nibbles. Bro landed 4lb fat pike. Your welcome for landing it after your 3lb test (no leader) broke. Thank god for rubber grip gloves. Ever "lipped a pike"?

CAUTION to all driving on Pine: Very wet and slushy about 8-10 below snow. If you dont have a 4x4 you will not get to the spot you want. Got stuck twice with 4x4. Not sure how it will effect the derby next weekend, but be ready to dig and push. Good luck to all.

nicemustang
02-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the report. Where did you drive one and abouts where were you driving?

Smore24
02-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Drove on at Scotty's as usual, then headed north, on the beaten path. Getting off the beaten path is another story. The plowed drifts are almost invisible and would definately bottom out any ordinary vehicle. Pretty much have to take a run at it to ghet through. Actually got stuck in old tracks that had drifted snow, filling them. Got stuck at north/west bay and straight across on the east side. (very wet under there) If the warm weather continues, it could be very nasty out on Pine. :thinking-006:

Ciralal
02-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Are there still a ton of shrimp in the lake?

Smore24
02-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Did see alot of shrimp in some holes, but go 15 ft away and hardly any. Dont remember ever seeing that amount of shrimp.

ULTRAlite
02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update :)

aulrich
02-14-2011, 08:37 AM
The south side was extra nasty, I have never seen conditions like that, it must have been flood ice. Most of my day was used to help out a guy with one tire sunk to the axil in water.

I'll probably be sticking to easy access spots for the derby.

Seemed to be as many shrip as last year, but I don't know what would be considered normal.

fluxcore
02-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Did see allot of shrimp in some holes, but go 15 ft away and hardly any. Dint remember ever seeing that amount of shrimp.

Seems like the holes that shoot up with shrip after drilling produce very poorly, I did land one walleye this weekend that puked up a giant load of them on the ice which puzzled me........walleye gorge on shrimp or what?

nicemustang
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Seems like the holes that shoot up with shrip after drilling produce very poorly, I did land one walleye this weekend that puked up a giant load of them on the ice which puzzled me........walleye gorge on shrimp or what?

They sure do!