PDA

View Full Version : Water inside fishcam

Rob S
02-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone,
Couple questions for you all...
I bought a Marcum VS380 fishcam three or four weeks ago. I've had it out maybe six times including today. :angry3:Yesterday when I had it out on a full charge it only lasted about an hour. Has anyone else had any kind of problems with their battery like that? Then I charged it back up fully (which took about 10 minutes) and went back out with it today. Well it worked good for about five minutes and the screen just went all white. So I pulls the camera out of the water to take a look at it, and low and behold theres water inside the camera. When I shake the camera, I can hear the water slooshing around in there. The lense of the camera itself seems to be fogged up. This is why I think I am getting the white screen. Has anyone had similar problems with fishcams, and do you think they would replace it since it is less than a month old?
Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty frustrated!!
Rob
:angry3:

Hooker
02-12-2011, 08:22 PM
The camera has to be under full warrantee yet so take it back to the store of purchase with your bill of sale. A lot of stores will not take returns past the 30 day mark so you may have to contact the manufacturer and deal with them.

nicemustang
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Marcum has good warranty (When not in receivership). Best bet is to take it back to the place you got it with the receipt and they'll likey just swap it for you. The 380 is a pretty good camera, that one must have been made on a monday!

Battery is probably shot....if it only lasted that amount of short time, maybe a short because of the water fried it.

SlewFish
02-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I bought a marcum 620 just after Christmas. Charged it up and took it out to the lake and it was totaly dead. Fishin Hole gave me another one, it worked for one day and then showed no signal. Fishin Hole took it back and I got a Vexilar FS1000. The Vex is awesome never misses a beat, great resolution, I wish I would have started with it. Marcum quality control seems to be lacking big time. Just bought a new flasher and stayed away from Marcum.

Always deal with the Fishin Hole they really look after you.

Ken07AOVette
02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I had a similar problem with a quad vu, trip to Edmonton to get it, try once, trip to Edmonton to replace defective battery, try once, trip to Edmonton with dead camera = 1800 Km, no more crappy cameras for me no matter how good the warranty is.

Google finds thousands of problems with all makes.

Rob S
02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow...Seems like the fishcam may have been one of them "Looked good on paper" ideas. Makes me wonder if what I bought was really a new camera or some other piece of crap that someone else had already returned. It's pretty gay either way.:bad_boys_20:

Rob S
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
So I contacted Marcum this morning, and they are shipping me a new camera for nothing. No questions asked either. I must say I am impressed. Can't come in here and slag a company's product but not give them props when they come good for it. I even bought a spare battery for 25.00 off of them, so Ill have enough juice to run the camera all day if I want to. I'll keep yas posted on how the new camera makes out!!

nicemustang
02-14-2011, 08:38 PM
If your camera is working to spec, you should be able to make it at least the whole day if not more with the camera battery on that 380. But doesn't hurt to have a spare.

Marcum is a good product. I have their flasher and camera and couldn't be happier.

Willowtrail
02-14-2011, 10:01 PM
If your camera is working to spec, you should be able to make it at least the whole day if not more with the camera battery on that 380. But doesn't hurt to have a spare.

Marcum is a good product. I have their flasher and camera and couldn't be happier.

I have this camera and it lasts a whole day and then some. I do charge every night though.

Good to hear Marcum pull through for you.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Im sure if you bought it at the fishin hole or any reliable sporting goods store they would likely exchange it for a new one or repair it . I know a few years ago my flasher transducer cracked and I took it back no questions asked replaced .