PDA

View Full Version : Carson and Pegasus Today

Jwood 456
02-12-2011, 09:53 PM
So, today I decided to give Carson and Pegasus a try.

The fishing at Pegasus was very slow. In four hours of fishing, I only had two hits on wireworms. It was too deep for me to know what species of fish bit the hook. I talked to other anglers on the lake, and they said the whitefish action was very slow. The pike action wasn't bad though. The guys fishing next to us had about eight bites and landed two keeper sized pike. I had a good sized jack bite my fishing partner's pike rig, but the fish got off right away.

I was tired of the slow action, so I headed to Carson for the last 4 hours and caught two fair sized rainbows with many more bites and I also lost 3 more fish.

Overall, not a bad day in my opinion.

Daceminnow
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
is carson/pegasus not the same trout lake north of whitecourt? what lake were you pike fishing at?

Willowtrail
02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
is carson/pegasus not the same trout lake north of whitecourt? what lake were you pike fishing at?

There is 2 lakes in the park.

Carson is actually McLoed lake. Trout
Pegasus is actually Little McLeod . pike and whites

Daceminnow
02-12-2011, 10:33 PM
little mcleod is the walk in lake east of the main lake right? i did'nt know anyone bothered going in there in the winter. snow machines?

crazyfish
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM
the whites at pegasus are really hit and miss, ......but they can be big ! Lots of days with one or none at all, too bad you missed the two. The pike fishing there seems a little more predictable, decent,but not great. I usually do it the other way, see if i can get a limit of trout, then head over for the whites, Carson is usually good early morning, (IMO) , tyhanks fr sharing and keep trying !

deanmc
02-12-2011, 10:39 PM
little mcleod is the walk in lake east of the main lake right? i did'nt know anyone bothered going in there in the winter. snow machines?

No thats Laura lake. Its trout and perch. both badly stunted. You can drive right to, and if the snow is not bad, onto little McLeod.

Daceminnow
02-12-2011, 10:52 PM
No thats Laura lake. Its trout and perch. both badly stunted. You can drive right to, and if the snow is not bad, onto little McLeod.

alright. i'm officially lost then. thats what happens when they changes the names of lakes, give them more than one name, and the locals call them by there nicknames? good fishing boys! i caught some good bows out of carson dragging flies when i lived up that way. crystal green buggers.

deanmc
02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=54.303454&lon=-115.6474113&z=14&l=0&m=b

Carson (McLeod) is the large one. Pegasus is the one to the northeast, and laura is the little one directly east of Pegasus.