PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lake X?

bloopbloob
02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Seems like people have been having a lot of luck there, I'd like to try it out. But I can't seem to find where it is.....

:confused:

baitfisher83
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Lake X is a bunch of different lake people don't wanna tell others about...seems kind of pointless to hide and start new threads about a lake you won't divulge info about....lol

fishpro
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
It's the lake that feeds Frenchman's Creek :)

Grouse Assassin
02-13-2011, 11:10 PM

Sylvan lake has always ben good to me aswell as buffalo dunno about this "x" BS

npauls
02-13-2011, 11:11 PM
It's all the lakes that hold little hammer handles and a few bigger fish. Also could be the put and take trout lakes. For the most part the guys that are catching big fish are doing it on bigger lakes and they can tell you where it is but know that the work that is being put in to actually landing some of the bigger fish is beyond most weekend warriors capabilities. So giving out the name of the lake isn't really a big deal. I could see not giving out the name if you headed to a lake, river, or stream where you had to hike or ride pretty far into the back country to get to some peace and quiet far from any civilization but all these lakes that are around towns and cities aren't really a secret to anyone.

Rob S
02-13-2011, 11:15 PM
It's all the lakes that hold little hammer handles and a few bigger fish. Also could be the put and take trout lakes. For the most part the guys that are catching big fish are doing it on bigger lakes and they can tell you where it is but know that the work that is being put in to actually landing some of the bigger fish is beyond most weekend warriors capabilities. So giving out the name of the lake isn't really a big deal. I could see not giving out the name if you headed to a lake, river, or stream where you had to hike or ride pretty far into the back country to get to some peace and quiet far from any civilization but all these lakes that are around towns and cities aren't really a secret to anyone.

SHHHHHH, dont tell everyone!!! :-P

harrydude
02-13-2011, 11:19 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53317

Fishhunter
02-14-2011, 06:24 AM
It's just a ways up zippermouth creek:)

honda450
02-14-2011, 06:28 AM
It's just a ways up zippermouth creek:)

And a little south of Lake "Y".

grinr
02-14-2011, 06:44 AM
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill ya.

huntsfurfish
02-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Actually Im glad people are still talking about lake x cause it helps keep things quiet about lakes 1, 2 and 3. Nobody even mentions them.:):sHa_shakeshout:

huntsfurfish
02-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Also if a person doesnt want to divulge the name of the lake he was at -more power to them! That is their choice and right.

Tiny
02-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Also if a person doesnt want to divulge the name of the lake he was at -more power to them! That is their choice and right.

Well said

Loco
02-14-2011, 08:10 AM

well most of the weekend warriors that would catch a fish that big would keep it to. I know these boys and they never keep a big fish and that's one of the reasons that they start the lake X as people they have show or told about there spots have gone out and caught big fish and have kept them. Would it be better to just out right lie what lake the were at. we could say they were at rattle snake or crawling valley. and just waste your time or lets call it Lake X and call it fine. I can say its in alberta.

maclennanchris
02-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Lake X is perfect and so close to my house....

Jimboy
02-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Seems like people have been having a lot of luck there, I'd like to try it out. But I can't seem to find where it is.....

:confused:

Its just before you come to lake Y.

great white whaler
02-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Lake nonya is a good spot !!!!!!!!

baitfisher83
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Its just before you come to lake Y.

Watch out for the rock wall on Lake X, it's a doozy

SonnyCovin
02-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Well their off to the race track, and they're not going to the bar afterwards. They are going right there, next to the train station. Oh! thats too far maybe we should show those two how to get there. I don't know those two do you? No.lol

gui
02-14-2011, 03:44 PM
u know what i think. i think that some people are selfish. because we all love fishing and it doesnt hurt to help some people out with info so they can have great fishing time too. theres planty fish everywhere. just, if u catch a huge one just take pics and put it back. give a chance to other people to enjoy some good fishing too

dezmo
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
:kap:

jack88
02-14-2011, 05:09 PM
u know what i think. i think that some people are selfish. because we all love fishing and it doesnt hurt to help some people out with info so they can have great fishing time too. theres planty fish everywhere. just, if u catch a huge one just take pics and put it back. give a chance to other people to enjoy some good fishing too

Selfish? Give a chance for other people to enjoy some good fishing? Check out the thread on Waiu lake, used to be a lake X. Word of a few humpbacks and the convoys start rolling in for the rest of the winter. Hell, all those used to be a Lake X at one time up there. Small lakes need to be called lake X for a reason. Take pics and put it back? What province are you living in? This is the land of take take take, our lakes reflect it, so do the greedy people.

Logan
02-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I have never fished Lake X but I've had pretty good luck at Notelly Lake :D

Dust1n
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
lol i acualy loked it up as an acual lake lmfao :)

grinr
02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
lol i acualy loked it up as an acual lake lmfao :)

Yes it is,it's in Area 51 where Mercury tests there outboards.

couldn't agree more with Jack88's post.^^ Be damned if I'll be divulging any secret fishing holes on the internet any time soon.Big lakes and well known rivers are a different story,but lesser known honeyholes are often too fragile to sustain the angling pressure invited when the word get's out.....seen it too many times.In fact,one of the flyfishing forums I visit actually forbids naming specific locations or "spot burning" as it's known.I absolutely cringe when I've seen favorite trout streams of mine named on the net.

crazyfish
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Selfish? Give a chance for other people to enjoy some good fishing? Check out the thread on Waiu lake, used to be a lake X. Word of a few humpbacks and the convoys start rolling in for the rest of the winter. Hell, all those used to be a Lake X at one time up there. Small lakes need to be called lake X for a reason. Take pics and put it back? What province are you living in? This is the land of take take take, our lakes reflect it, so do the greedy people.

yup, a couple lake X's around my place, word got out a couple years ago of some nice 12 and 13" humpies,.....last weekend of the season last year , my neighbor counted 175 vhicles on the lake. This lake only covers about 400 acres!!!! :thinking-006: there's some nice 6" perch now and alot quiter, but man it can knock the crap out of a small lake quick ! :angry3: You know a "remote" lake that used to require 4X4 or quad/sled driving down a cutline to acces it is in trouble when mini vans and mazda 323's are driving on the lake !

baitfisher83
02-14-2011, 08:05 PM
yup, a couple lake X's around my place, word got out a couple years ago of some nice 12 and 13" humpies,.....last weekend of the season last year , my neighbor counted 175 vhicles on the lake. This lake only covers about 400 acres!!!! :thinking-006: there's some nice 6" perch now and alot quiter, but man it can knock the crap out of a small lake quick ! :angry3: You know a "remote" lake that used to require 4X4 or quad/sled driving down a cutline to acces it is in trouble when mini vans and mazda 323's are driving on the lake !

Take me to this Lake X or you're goin over the balcony at the next hockey game :P

crazyfish
02-14-2011, 08:13 PM
The whole lake X thing reminds me of Crooked lake in the 80's , outside foxcreek, it crashed, then misawawee(sp)? , in the early 2000's , it crashed, both times there was people driving from Red Deer and furthur,(5 hrs + )for a perch....crazy(but i understand) ! I don't have any issues with talking about any of the bigger lakes , but the small ones need a little protection !

Coltye
02-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Love that Lake x,have a few myself,as for being selfish call it what you want.I have kids and they love fishing,and if you think i'm gonna post a great fishing spot so that everyone can go clean it out,dream on.It takes time and effort to find that lake x and great spots,go find them yourself.Just my .02$:argue2:

DanJ
02-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Hah!! Took the words out of my mouth.

gui
02-15-2011, 06:04 AM
and u wonder y theres not much big fish nomore

huntsfurfish
02-15-2011, 09:44 AM
"and u wonder y theres not much big fish nomore "

Yup its a result of sharing:)

gui
02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
people just gotta be better with greetiness. if everyone did all their part in releasing the big ones i think wed have more fish around and bigger one around too. and i think also a lot of people poaches too

Gust
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Anyone can read through the lazy guys styled Internet fishing,,, many people here learned many places the hard way, trial and error and success, it aint cheap, gas wise, snag wise. Many of those fishermen don't really need to be on here but they are and they share technique, lures, ice conditions and so forth, great stuff. I learned the hard way about posting spots,, so now Cove Y on Lake X is a garbage dump. And since when was fishing instantly mastered? Fishing is about exploring and learning about water type even barometric pressure,, which I should add is perfect today. Yes there are fish everywhere, so go catch em! Maybe not today or tomorrow or next week, but you eventually will and then you'll have your Lake X. In fact, there are so many threads on how to fish that I'm suprised that more lunkers aren't posted.

Paul C
02-15-2011, 04:43 PM
The whole lake X thing reminds me of Crooked lake in the 80's , outside foxcreek, it crashed, then misawawee(sp)? , in the early 2000's , it crashed, both times there was people driving from Red Deer and furthur,(5 hrs + )for a perch....crazy(but i understand) ! I don't have any issues with talking about any of the bigger lakes , but the small ones need a little protection !
Crooked lake was destroyed by an oil spill near the lake. This was the time of new drilling up there. I miss those days of limit fishing.

Duster
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Perfectly said. X2 Gusta

bikerman
02-15-2011, 05:03 PM

Try the outflow into the Sheep river in Okotoks. Big ones coming in there. I'm sharing OK?

fishpro
02-15-2011, 05:21 PM
You can call it selfish, but I call it part of fishing. I personally see no problem with sharing info on stocked ponds to help a family go out and catch a couple fish, but beyond that I think it's best to be quiet about good fishing spots. People who are doing well consistently do well because they have put in years learning how to target large fish on particular waters. Perhaps they have learned from friends, but many times they have developed those friendships through years spent as part of the fishing community. If someone has put in the time to learn how to consistently catch quality fish, then they have earned that right. Additionally, they have likely developed a high level of respect for these waters and understand the importance of catch and release and proper fish handling skills. Furthermore, I am not going to post a location that I have worked hard to find only to have a bunch of rednecks go out and ruin it for everyone. If others want to catch large fish then they can put in the effort to figure out how.

Kim473
02-16-2011, 04:49 AM
And a little south of Lake "Y".
and south of the Z pond. You know the place, between The towns A and B on hiway C. You drive by it every day.

spopadyn
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't get all the Lake X postings. If you don't want the lake to be known - why are you posting at all? Is your life that shallow that you need to tell everyone how great the fishing is at your secret spot? Come on - its like bragging about your money - who cares. If you want to keep your lake secret - shut up - if you want to post do something useful and help those looking for advice.

C@RN@GE
02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't get all the Lake X postings. If you don't want the lake to be known - why are you posting at all? Is your life that shallow that you need to tell everyone how great the fishing is at your secret spot? Come on - its like bragging about your money - who cares. If you want to keep your lake secret - shut up - if you want to post do something useful and help those looking for advice.

Yah help all the lazy weekend warriors like yourself.

Gust
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM

You know, if you read the other forums, things are fairly tame,,, but the fishing forums are quite agro and I think it's because we'd rather be fishing than on the bloody puter. Just sayin!

But seriously; isn't every lake Lake X? it just takes time to learn the lake. I like seeing fish from Lake X because it gets me all wanting to get out to whatever Lake X I like to fish.

Barometric pressure is platinum perfect right now.

spopadyn
02-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Give yourself a hero cookie. Saving the world - one redacted picture at a time. Well done! Let's nominate you for the order of Canada.

honda450
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I googled Lake X and I found it. Easy to get to as well. So now the secret is out.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz234/honda450990/Untitled.png

NBFK
02-16-2011, 01:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with lake x. If you want to be spoon fed then maybe you shouldn't of grown up! Like its been stated post the lake and area you are catching the fish and the next saturday there won't be any room to fish. The same reason why I don't leave fish laying on the ice so you don't have people driving over your holes so they can park on top of you. What's wrong with posting pictures of success we do it all the time in the hunting forum.

fishpro
02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Posting pictures is not about bragging. I don't know about others on here, but I can say that I personally love seeing pictures of large fish and most often don't care at all where they are from. I'm sure many others here are the same, and that is why we post pictures of large fish, even if they were caught at lake X

DanJ
02-16-2011, 11:24 PM
I googled Lake X and I found it. Easy to get to as well. So now the secret is out.

Hah! That's funny; good one, man.

No sympathy from me for people who want the good spots handed to them nice and easy, whether it be fish or deer-close-to-Calgary.

lippy
02-17-2011, 10:24 AM

lol ..that is a good one!

Paul C
02-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice photo. It looks like a human stomach..........................

ogre
02-17-2011, 01:11 PM

The road accessing Lake X need a more direct approach. I propose we initiate a fundraising campaign to open a shortcut (in blue) to allow non-4x4 access to the lake. :budo:

AxeMan
02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Nice photo. It looks like a human stomach..........................

Ya it does, Paul. But I think Honda450 is trying to trick us. That is Lake EX-LAX from parts unknown. It is actually pretty crappy to get into, I've heard.

biggamehunter
02-17-2011, 02:21 PM
What's the name of the road that surrounds lake x?

J-C
02-17-2011, 02:39 PM
What's the name of the road that surrounds lake x?

Road X! LOL

Gust
02-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Road X! LOL

Really?

I thought it was ring road?

biggamehunter
02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Too funny :)

DanJ
02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I work in the fishing department of a store where everyone here shops eventually. Today, a customer wanted to know where I fish. I told him Frenchman's Creek.

He made a note of it and thanked me.

:innocent:

chubbdarter
02-17-2011, 08:56 PM
I work in the fishing department of a store where everyone here shops eventually. Today, a customer wanted to know where I fish. I told him Frenchman's Creek.

He made a note of it and thanked me.

:innocent:

store XXX ?

RandyBoBandy
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
How to fix the "where is lake x"...simple..100% catch and release!! problem solved, now can we move on to something more difficult! :love0025:

s_erickson
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I dont really take to the Lake X approach. I wont tell just anyone where i catch my fish, but i will take a guy out to a few "alright" fishing locations and see what happens. If he tells everyone he knows and starts keeping everything he catches then i call it a loss, if he respects that im trying to help, i'll take him out again to where the big fish really are. I take the same approach with hunting, got burned on a 5x5 i was stalking all season with my bow, the ******* went in on a weekend i was working and shot it with a gun (we only had permission to hunt with bows there, next year i wasn't allowed back in). So i don't agree with not helping people get out there to catch some big fish too, you just have to be careful with who you divulge your info too.

Paul C
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Lake X Rulez !!!!!!!!

Winch101
02-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Just like the US marines ....Dont ask , Dont tell....

Everytime over the last 40 yrs I have cut someone in on Lake X my hard earned spot ....it ends up the same ....Out of the goodness of my heart
I help a guy out and he bends you over the proverbial fish barrel...

Even on here ,

My new personal regs are ...say nothing...leave the dock
in the dark , smoke screen to cover your tracks ....release no legal fish...
the new canadians are fishing out our reservoirs while Alberta sporstman
are putting back fish to grow.... if the Government isnt going to police the resource....then we have to riot at the docks or vigilante fish police.

I will just ask one question ....Do you think that all those people
who are illegally camped up the west side of CVR , who dont speak English when you speak to them , are throwing back any fish ...

Fish Cops too lazy to find their way in there ..I personally have never seen a fish cop at CVR.. tough call , the roads paved now....

chubbdarter
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Just like the US marines ....Dont ask , Dont tell....

Everytime over the last 40 yrs I have cut someone in on Lake X my hard earned spot ....it ends up the same ....Out of the goodness of my heart
I help a guy out and he bends you over the proverbial fish barrel...

Even on here ,

My new personal regs are ...say nothing...leave the dock
in the dark , smoke screen to cover your tracks ....release no legal fish...
the new canadians are fishing out our reservoirs while Alberta sporstman
are putting back fish to grow.... if the Government isnt going to police the resource....then we have to riot at the docks or vigilante fish police.

I will just ask one question ....Do you think that all those people
who are illegally camped up the west side of CVR , who dont speak English when you speak to them , are throwing back any fish ...

Fish Cops too lazy to find their way in there ..I personally have never seen a fish cop at CVR.. tough call , the roads paved now....

i dont think they are too lazy....just grossly understaffed

Winch101
02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
As usual I am only half serious ....but I have seen F&W at the ESSO in bassano a few times but never one at CVR... Also you can get to that west side from the red rock quite easily...

It just drives me nuts ( nuts'er) when I see stringers of hammer handles coming out of a boat and going up to camp. Those no necks dont take constructive criticism very well ....F Off is basically a world wide term ...

My bad but circumstance kept me from following up there .

I believe we " The legal fishing fraternity " have no idea how much poaching is going on here ...

As citizens arrest becomes legal I am sure this will have an effect on these situations :budo:

Chub why arent you fishing , I could barely see the house across the street
2 hrs ago ... I love a good white out ...

W101

chubbdarter
02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
As usual I am only half serious ....but I have seen F&W at the ESSO in bassano a few times but never one at CVR... Also you can get to that west side from the red rock quite easily...

It just drives me nuts ( nuts'er) when I see stringers of hammer handles coming out of a boat and going up to camp. Those no necks dont take constructive criticism very well ....F Off is basically a world wide term ...

I believe we " The legal fishing fraternity " have no idea how much poaching is going on here ...

As citizens arrest becomes legal I am sure this will have an effect on these situations :budo:

W101

hahahaah im old i fished 3 lakes this week end.....just a few flakes here

geebusss Winch you just convinced me to go fishing tomorrow

Gust
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM

W101

Ya know, a stewardship program should be put into effect,, certify, volunteer educators on fishing regs,,, can't hand out fines, just good fishing etiquette and ethics all the while wearing a big hoody with an anti-poaching literature blazed on the front and a walky talky on the hip. Or an AFGA patch on the shoulder. Presense is still the best deterrant.

As for new immigrants and not wanting to start an online war,, a very-canadian fellow quite blatantly told me how he hauls away fish from PCR and how it's his right as a licensed fisherman to do so and nobody will notice because everyone focusses on the newbies. I can't report an admitted poacher so what should one do? If I had a big black hoody with the anti-poaching tag on the front during the conversation, he may not have shared the conversation and possibly re-thought his future actions out there. Who knows.

There was a post on here last year on "C&R" and a guy posts that he keeps everything and then posts a picture of his freezer packed with trout, easily ten times the possesion limit and he wasn't anything close to a new-immigrant.

But back to the thread; for the lack of Lakes and Rivers in Southern Alberta I've yet not to find any Lake X'es and River Why's, they're all quite spectacular!!!

whitetalehunter12
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Some old timers wont tell me were lake x is in the ministik lake area. said they were catchin fish but they werent saying what they caught or were. me and my neighbor were talkin about it and came to the conclusion if the old guys are fishin it it cant be too far into the bush. Gotta bring my rod and some hooks and fish some of the various beaver ponds i pass by all the time.

Dark Horn
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
There's nothing wrong with lake x. Like its been stated post the lake and area you are catching the fish and the next saturday there won't be any room to fish. The same reason why I don't leave fish laying on the ice so you don't have people driving over your holes so they can park on top of you.

I visited Lake X today and was doing quite well. After a while had some visitors show up and were quite impressed with my catch laying beside me. Said i was one of a few that were doing well. Right away wanted to know what hook I had, what depth the water was and how far off bottom I fished. After telling them they lured up and started drilling holes...not any more than ten feet from my chair in a circle around me. I don't mind telling people what i have going on but give a guy some space.

commieboy
03-31-2011, 01:41 AM
As for new immigrants and not wanting to start an online war,, a very-canadian fellow quite blatantly told me how he hauls away fish from PCR and how it's his right as a licensed fisherman to do so and nobody will notice because everyone focusses on the newbies.

There was a post on here last year on "C&R" and a guy posts that he keeps everything and then posts a picture of his freezer packed with trout, easily ten times the possesion limit and he wasn't anything close to a new-immigrant.

Thank you for this, Mahler... and for your eighth symphony. I had the pleasure of performing this work in my youth as a part of the chorus.

All too often I see this sentiment repeated on this board... Damn immigrants! By which, of course, most people are referring to Asians, Middle Easterns, Pakistanis or some similarly pigmented peoples.

Okay, let's call a spade a spade. I notice that very rarely does "immigrant" refer to those of white European heritage. After all, those guys are okay.... right? And from the same people who share this sentiment, Canadian means white.... right? My wife gets this all the time.

Old white guy:"What are you"
Wife:"Canadian"
Old white guy:"No, I mean where are you from?"
Wife: "Ottawa"
Old white guy:"No, where did your parents come from?"
Wife:"China"
Old white guy:"So you're Chinese!"
Wife:" I'm Canadian"
Old white guy:"Not really"

She has gotten this so many times. It's sickening. Because she's not white, she's not considered Canadian. She has dealt with it all her life and so it barely bugs her now, but it gets me mad.

Winch101, maybe in your post were writing of a non English speaking European caucasian, but somehow I doubt it.

As evidenced by GustavMahler, crimes are being committed by "Canadians" as well. Why are we so quick to point the finger at immigrants?

Imagine if it were us in there place.... Newly transplanted in a country where we don't speak the language and are unaware of certain laws. As North Americans, many of us chew gum daily. It's tasty! Try to bring a stick of gum in to Singapore. I dare you. What's the big deal? Everyone chews gum in Canada, they must do it in Singapore, too. Better yet, try spitting.

Sometimes we take for granted that our laws must be universal. No, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. But for some, it just may not occur to them that what they're doing would be illegal, so there would be no reason to check.

I know some of you are going to rail against me for being too sensitive, or for supporting those damn ignorant immigrants... go ahead. I've had my say and shown my colours. Show yours, and I'll know who to avoid on the water.

Canadian.... Ask yourselves where your ancestors came from. Canada? I really doubt it. Damn immigrants.

TyreeUM
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
I can understand your frustration, but the flip side of the coin - there is no license for gum chewing or spitting. Having a license implies that you are granted a privilege with the understanding that there are rules and regulations that apply. I really have a hard time believing that the majority of people fishing without licenses or consistently keep over their limit are doing it out of ignorance. I don’t care what country you come from, when you have to get a license for anything, there are rules that apply.

TyreeUM
03-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Another note - it is ok to give people a friendly reminder of what the regs are if you see them being broken...if they really didn't know, now they do. And as for lake "X" goes, I have 3 guys that I do all of my fishing with (for the most part) Half the fun for us is the hours we put into scouting new locations. When you find those gem spots it makes all the time, effort, and failure worth while. There is nothing like fishing a creek, coming back 2 weeks later and the only footprints found in the sandy banks are your old ones (and a few bear prints haha)

commieboy
03-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey TyreeUM,

I agree that most of the people breaking the rules are aware of it. There will always be sh!t disturbers. But you sort of illustrate my point.... in many Asian countries, especially in rural areas, a license is not needed for fishing. From their point of view, why on earth would anybody else in the world do things differently? For us, chewing gum or spitting in the street is something that happens every day and we don't give it a thought. Gum is banned in Singapore, and spitting is an offense which carries a mandatory caning. I would be so screwed in Singapore.

Sport fishing is not a universal idea. In India, you go fishing for food. Why the hell would you throw food away! Anyway, in these countries, if you just want some food for your family, go get it. Commercial fishing is another thing entirely, of course.

And yes. If you see someone breaking the rules, a friendly reminder can help educate without turning people off the sport. I don't like poachers.... doesn't matter where they come from. I simply took offense at the derogatory view towards immigrants.

TyreeUM, good discussion. Thanks for reading and for sharing. I guess you wouldn't want to share a bit more and let me know about those gem spots you were talking about, would you? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jwood 456
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Speaking of poachers, I was fishing this relatively remote backcountry lake in BC for rainbow trout when I was little. When my familly and I arrived at the lake, we saw these 2 guys carrying 2 60 litre bucket fulls of rainbow trout to their truck. :scared0015:

My parents quietly got their licence plate number written down and reported them for poaching.:47b20s0:

Too bad there isn't more more fish cops out there to catch these basts that destroy everone else's fishery just for their self greed.:mad3:

As for the fishing that day, the action was non stop until we caught our limit of 12'' to 14'' (pan sized rainbows) which was five per licence and certainly not a 60L bucket full.

Lefty-Canuck
03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
A friend told me of a story where he went fishing on the bow with another guy who used to work at Frenchies in Calgary

They came upon a couple guys who had a garbage bag full of rainbows, browns and I think a few bulls.

Well buddy lost it, grabbed the bag and hammer tossed it into the river went over and stomped their rods.....would have paid to see a scene like that in real life. Not saying what he did was right but it was effective.

I won't say whether they were white, purple, green or blue colored folks....but they were poachers and thats all that matters.

Lefty

Speckle55
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone can read through the lazy guys styled Internet fishing,,, many people here learned many places the hard way, trial and error and success, it aint cheap, gas wise, snag wise. Many of those fishermen don't really need to be on here but they are and they share technique, lures, ice conditions and so forth, great stuff. I learned the hard way about posting spots,, so now Cove Y on Lake X is a garbage dump. And since when was fishing instantly mastered? Fishing is about exploring and learning about water type even barometric pressure,, which I should add is perfect today. Yes there are fish everywhere, so go catch em! Maybe not today or tomorrow or next week, but you eventually will and then you'll have your Lake X. In fact, there are so many threads on how to fish that I'm suprised that more lunkers aren't posted.

Agree

TyreeUM
03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
the good news is more and more people are now educated on resource management. I can't tell you how many younger guys I know have broken the trend of keeping every fish that get's reeled in, the mentality of their parents and grandparents and so on. There is always gonna be idiots, but it is nice to see the positive trend both from the average angler's prospective and the fisheries management plans protecting our resources. On a side note, I don't like poaching in any shape or form, but at least I know the "immigrants" keeping over their limit are not typically letting their catch go to waste, unlike some ignorant Canadians that still have perch in their freezer from 3 seasons ago....

HunterDave
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Imagine if it were us in there place.... Newly transplanted in a country where we don't speak the language and are unaware of certain laws. As North Americans, many of us chew gum daily. It's tasty! Try to bring a stick of gum in to Singapore. I dare you. What's the big deal? Everyone chews gum in Canada, they must do it in Singapore, too. Better yet, try spitting.

Well, I think that we'd all agree to not chew gum or spit in Singapore if they'd agree to not come here and try to eat our darned dogs! :scared:

Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense for breaking laws. :)

chubbdarter
03-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Well, I think that we'd all agree to not chew gum or spit in Singapore if they'd agree to not come here and try to eat our darned dogs! :scared:

lol.......bahawabaabahahahaa

commieboy
04-01-2011, 01:15 AM

With a comment like that, I find it ironic that you should be criticizing other people's ignorance.

Now do't get all red in the face over that comment.... Your neck might not want the competition.

lol.......bahawabaabahahahaa

Yeah... Bigotry is really funny.

I apologize to everyone for taking a huge tangent with this thread. I will refrain from posting any further comments, and likely not return to this forum. Too many small minded, bigoted attitudes for my liking.

Happy fishing.

HunterDave
04-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Lighten up, I was just kidding.

But you know that they do eat dogs in Singapore though eh? Tastes better than gum I guess? :confused0024:

grinr
04-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Speaking of poachers, I was fishing this relatively remote backcountry lake in BC for rainbow trout when I was little. When my familly and I arrived at the lake, we saw these 2 guys carrying 2 60 litre bucket fulls of rainbow trout to their truck. :scared0015:

60L buckets??Are you sure you don't mean 20L(5gal) buckets?Regardless,that's still a rediculous amount of fish and a disgusting diplay of disrepectful,blatant poaching.Not that it really matters,jest sayin.....20L bucket of fish weighs close to 50lbs rounded up full,60L buckets would easily be well over 100lbs. each.

michaelmicallef
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM

You hit the nail right on the head with that comment! Want to put fishing pressure on a lake just post it on the net as a good lake. Fishing my lake x around Sundre this winter. Never seen as many people there as I have this year. I saw it mentioned a couple of time here and that was it. It got raped !

michaelmicallef
04-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Ya it does, Paul. But I think Honda450 is trying to trick us. That is Lake EX-LAX from parts unknown. It is actually pretty crappy to get into, I've heard.

You made me laugh. Thanks.

michaelmicallef
04-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Thank you for this, Mahler... and for your eighth symphony. I had the pleasure of performing this work in my youth as a part of the chorus.

All too often I see this sentiment repeated on this board... Damn immigrants! By which, of course, most people are referring to Asians, Middle Easterns, Pakistanis or some similarly pigmented peoples.

Okay, let's call a spade a spade. I notice that very rarely does "immigrant" refer to those of white European heritage. After all, those guys are okay.... right? And from the same people who share this sentiment, Canadian means white.... right? My wife gets this all the time.

Old white guy:"What are you"
Wife:"Canadian"
Old white guy:"No, I mean where are you from?"
Wife: "Ottawa"
Old white guy:"No, where did your parents come from?"
Wife:"China"
Old white guy:"So you're Chinese!"
Wife:" I'm Canadian"
Old white guy:"Not really"

She has gotten this so many times. It's sickening. Because she's not white, she's not considered Canadian. She has dealt with it all her life and so it barely bugs her now, but it gets me mad.

Winch101, maybe in your post were writing of a non English speaking European caucasian, but somehow I doubt it.

As evidenced by GustavMahler, crimes are being committed by "Canadians" as well. Why are we so quick to point the finger at immigrants?

Sometimes we take for granted that our laws must be universal. No, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. But for some, it just may not occur to them that what they're doing would be illegal, so there would be no reason to check.

I know some of you are going to rail against me for being too sensitive, or for supporting those damn ignorant immigrants... go ahead. I've had my say and shown my colours. Show yours, and I'll know who to avoid on the water.

Canadian.... Ask yourselves where your ancestors came from. Canada? I really doubt it. Damn immigrants.

Are we all immigrants? YES ,pretty much. Are we all ethical? Not so much.

Heron
04-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I too, take offense to the racist comments on this great site. There is no place for that nonsense here.

Back to the topic... I subscribe to the Fish and Tell and Go To Hell train of thought. Good book too. (McLennan et all)

I think it is great to share techniques and other information but I am careful about who I tell what about locations.