PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish Lake Ice Fishing Derby

rookiemoosehunter
02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Well I'm off to the Jackfish lake Derby this coming weekend in Sask, Anyone else on this board going?

Erik
02-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm going. This will be my first tournament. I know little of the lake, but it seems like it will be fun. Was looking forward to a nice day on the ice, but it seems the weather has progressively got worse in the forecast just on that day. Figures.

780sjc
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm going. This will be my first tournament. I know little of the lake, but it seems like it will be fun. Was looking forward to a nice day on the ice, but it seems the weather has progressively got worse in the forecast just on that day. Figures.

oh didnt know you were heading out there erik? ill be going too

Who Da Fisherman
02-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Fished this many a time (grew up there).
From what i understand any largest fish wins, try a spoon and jig it with old oily chicken skin attached that is what the Mariah (fresh water ling to the rest of ya) like best, largest i have seen from there was 8lbs.
Good luck all.

PERCHY
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
the prizes look awesome for that tourney..really wish i could go

JSMPP
02-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm still trying to make it work, I've wanted to go to this for a few years now. My question is can you buy a license anywhere in edmonton or know of a place where a guy can pick one up on his way?

rookiemoosehunter
02-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Here is a link to the info page. It looks like you can enter right at the derby on Saturday.
http://www.northstars.ca/page.aspx?page_id=652