PDA

View Full Version : preimer lake bc

bubba 96
02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Has anybody been to this lake before were heading out thurs night, for the long wknd....Would like to know how the ice is and what there biting on..Thxs

ogre
02-14-2011, 02:14 PM
It's been a few years since I'd been out that way, in the summer. Remembered that there might have been a few thermo-springs in the area because the water in the morning (it was August) was steaming because it was quite warm. So never thought of ice-fishing there. Anyone else here knows if the lake gets frozen over in winter?

Probably need 4x4 to get into at this time of year.

Photoplex
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Like Ogre, only been there in the summer (last summer actually).

Access will be scary if there's much snow - the roads pretty crappy, and steep in places. I would only tackle it in a 4x4 if there's much snow/ice/mud on it.

kmic
02-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Premier Lk south of Invermere? Yep you can get to it fairly easily as the roads are maintained. You cannot drive on the lake, but its not too far a walk out to the deeper water. Caution is a must as there is a fairly good current that can keep much of the lake open. I've only been on it in late december so am assuming that by this time of year it "should" be fine. Last year was great but this dec we couldn't get out as there was only about 2" of ice.
Worth a try though, theres some nice sized rainbows in it. Jigging a black wooly bugger worked for us.
Good luck.

bubba 96
02-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated ........