PDA

View Full Version : Medicine hat area

strungout
02-15-2011, 01:46 PM
thinking about taking the girlfriend out fishing tommorow and just wondering how the lakes have been around here. thinking about going to rattlesnake, michelle reservoir or grassy lake... any info on these lakes would be greatly appreciated.
THX guys!:)

madatter
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Went to the Snake today for about three hours and got onto some fine perch fishing.
They were hitting small minnows but really liked a small yellow twister tail tipped with maggots.
I was using a underwater camera which helped a lot,I don't know how many hits I missed.....
Was fishing pretty much straight north of boat launch.
If you find 3 holes in a triangle sorta between the launch and someones folding ice hut that's where I was.
Saw quite a few pike as well but they were not interested in hitting even the minnows.
Pretty nice day out there today!:)

strungout
02-15-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks alot madatter, is there much flood water out there or is it still decent to drive on?

madatter
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
thanks alot madatter, is there much flood water out there or is it still decent to drive on?

No flood water except in truck tracks,wasn't real warm out there so not much was melting.
Getting on by boat launch is rutted up pretty good...and deep but if you have a 4x4 should not be a problem. I never drove on cause I have a rental(truck in shop)...