PDA

View Full Version : Tube style jigs

natureboy
02-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm looking for a little help here. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find bright florescent orange tube style jig bodies. I looked at cabelas, bass pro, and wholesale with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

FishingFrenzy
02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
What size are you looking for??

Dust1n
02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
basss pro shops has very small tubes for panfish orange with white tipped tails

natureboy
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I am looking to target lakers. I would like to find something between 3 and 4 inches although the odd 5 and 6 inch in the box wouldnt be bad either.

nicemustang
02-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Orange?????? For lakers? That's a new one. Why orange? If you're fishing in depths over 27 feet, orange appears as dark dull grey and likely doesn't shine.

chubbdarter
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
i sometinmes use a regular ballhead jig dressed with a hoochie plastic body......i dont think there is a color missing in this world off a hoochie color chart. I also use the the tinsel or mylar insert from a hoochie set up wrapped around the jighead's collar.

nicemustang
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Googling orange tube jigs only finds 1.5" crappie tube jigs. Come to think of it, at bass pro in calgary has some of these although I can't day for sure on orange. I know because I bought some white pearl glow ones for use at spray.

natureboy
02-16-2011, 08:06 PM
I have been able to find the little jigs for panfish. What I cant find in this colour. I am 26 and my fishing partner is just about 50. He knows all kinds about fishing. He got me on to these bright orange tube jigs and they work. He got his from a friend about 5 years ago and only has about 2 or 3 left. We need to find some more by may long. We are stuck. Any Help?

J-C
02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
I have been able to find the little jigs for panfish. What I cant find in this colour. I am 26 and my fishing partner is just about 50. He knows all kinds about fishing. He got me on to these bright orange tube jigs and they work. He got his from a friend about 5 years ago and only has about 2 or 3 left. We need to find some more by may long. We are stuck. Any Help?

I have some 4" orange tubes. I think I got them off of ebay. Here's a link. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.wavefishing.com/4-Tiki-Tube_c_36.html

incept
02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Natureboy, what you are looking for are called Tora tubes. I have a number of them. Come in all different colors and sizes, you will also need to purchase heads for them to slide up inside. Google them and a number of places will pop up to check out. PM me if you need any help with them. They work awesome, we use them for lakers alot.

FishBrain
02-17-2011, 10:57 AM
I have been using the glowing ones from WSS, and have been slaying the lakers!!!

nicemustang
02-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Well now I want to order some orange ones and try it LOL.

nicemustang
02-17-2011, 11:18 AM
This seems to be a good site. Although I don't think I want to pay $15.00 for shipping $3 lures. Anyone want to group buy? I also love those 5" Taz Minnow - Limetreuse from them.

incept
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Which site are you referring to nice mustang? The tubes I use are made by canyon plastics or I make my own. In looking at canyons site they have dropped a few colors and added as few as well this year. unforunately it looks like they dropped the bright orange. Looks like I will be making my own again.... I am curious to look at what you found though... Thanks

nicemustang
02-17-2011, 02:33 PM
This one as posted above: http://www.wavefishing.com/4-Tiki-Tube_c_36.html

Braun
02-17-2011, 02:47 PM
well look at that, theyre on sale now too....... I would be interested in piching in on a order if we get enough guys

these would be killer for top water pike and bass if you ever go bass fishin:
http://www.wavefishing.com/4-Platypus_c_26.html

incept
02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm in. Let me know via PM when you order. If you don't thats cool too. If I have not heard from you by the end of march I will put in an order myself if you want to jump in on it.... Thanks.

natureboy
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I wish that Canyon made the bright orange in the larger styles. It looks like they only have it in the little panfish jigs. I think Im gonna give them a call and see if I can talk them into offering it in the larger sizes. I will post if I have any sucess.