PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary year off....

Winch101
02-16-2011, 09:24 AM
After reading several posts on here about bad etiquette and overcrowding

I think the opportunity to adress this dilemna is simple ....Half the board

10,000 anglers , give or take will voluntarily take a year off.

The other half will take next year off.

So you guys ( you know who you are ) take this year off

team walleye will look forward to going to the mall next year

instead of angling ... Simple EH.!:thinking-006:

AND those of you who have met and had a good time with other

AOF members , you are confused , I know I am ....Every one I hunt and fish with I met on this board , boy was I confused ?

Okotokian
02-16-2011, 09:28 AM
You first. ;) LOL

nicemustang
02-16-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm just going to move to Sask instead.

Braun
02-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm just going to move to Sask instead.

lucky

gramps73
02-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I took last season off so i guess this is my season to fish..

duffy4
02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Years ago there was an interesting fisheries management method.
some streams in the east slopes were open one year and totally closed the next.

I think the fishing regulations had red streams that were closed and blue streams that were open.

Not sure why they dropped that method. Perhaps the stream would get POUNDED by anglers on the open year and one year of rest would not let it recover.

Braun
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Years ago there was an interesting fisheries management method.
some streams in the east slopes were open one year and totally closed the next.

I think the fishing regulations had red streams that were closed and blue streams that were open.

Not sure why they dropped that method. Perhaps the stream would get POUNDED by anglers on the open year and one year of rest would not let it recover.

well there is potential for this method. but it needs tweaking. what should happen is not that the waterways be closed to angling. but catch limits should be closed on a rotation basis. so one season there is a 0 catch limit on lake A and the regular catch limit on lake B. then switch the following year. but also tighter catch limits. no need to keep 5 trout. i can deal with 3/2. Know what i mean?

Gust
02-16-2011, 11:57 AM
well there is potential for this method. but it needs tweaking. what should happen is not that the waterways be closed to angling. but catch limits should be closed on a rotation basis. so one season there is a 0 catch limit on lake A and the regular catch limit on lake B. then switch the following year. but also tighter catch limits. no need to keep 5 trout. i can deal with 3/2. Know what i mean?

Make catching fish really tricky would be fun like only c&r on odd hours and keepers after midnight, make it more challenging. Or odd days of the month are all c&r and all even numbers the regular regs. My dad alternates his fishing spots over 3 year cycles.

I want to have a friendly derby where you can only use one lure like a #2Len Thompson green with black dots from shore.