PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out To Phyllis Lake!!

trapshooter
02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I am heading out to phyllis this weekend, going to do some fishing and coyote hunting! I am soooo excited to go, last time I was out I got 32 fish in a day! I will keep you guys posted!

WayneChristie
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
good luck, save some for the otters!

gui
02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
they got lots of fish there but theyre tiny, sucks

sheepguide
02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Yep not many over 12" in there thats for sure. But when everyone keeps every fish they catch it will never get many decent fish.
SG

pope
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
We need to get rid of the put and take mentality and get more delayed harvest like Beaver. Of course the wise guys who illegally stock perch keep screwing up the trout fishing.

name
02-18-2011, 03:27 AM
yes got a limit of perch no trout

Scotty P.
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey Trapshooter! Hope you have a great weekend and remember there are a few hogs in there. This one was just under 5¾ lbs and was caught about a month and a half ago.

sheepguide
02-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey Trapshooter! Hope you have a great weekend and remember there are a few hogs in there. This one was just under 5¾ lbs and was caught about a month and a half ago.

Old hatchery brood stock!
Didnt grow that big in the lake, there are a couple of them old buggers around. To bad we couldnt get some fish to actually grow that size in there!
SG

Scotty P.
02-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Old hatchery brood stock!
Didnt grow that big in the lake, there are a couple of them old buggers around. To bad we couldnt get some fish to actually grow that size in there!
SG

Yeah it's too bad the natural ones don't get much of a chance to grow this size. It would also be nice if the Perch in there we big enough to bother keeping (even better if there were never put in there in the first place but that's another story). I'm not sure why they stock so many fish in a lake that small. The competition for food must be quite intense.