PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake this Saturday - what's the access at Brownlow's like?

jpohlic
02-18-2011, 08:53 AM
We have a few families heading out to Brownlow's on Saturday. We only have one 4x4, the rest are minivans or 2wd trucks. Does anyone know what the access is like right now?

We're taking a LOT of gear including the wall tent and wood stove, a couple ice fishing tents, BBQ, fire pit, firewood, portapottie tent, chairs, cots, blankets, dogs, etc etc... everything but the kitchen sink.

Should I buy some tire chains for my 2wd or should I pick up a couple of sleds to pull everything? I really don't want to have to pull all this gear out onto the lake.

billhliu
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM
can I drive a compact 4x4 SUV, Ford Escape, on the Lake?

Bound2Fish
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
We have a few families heading out to Brownlow's on Saturday. We only have one 4x4, the rest are minivans or 2wd trucks. Does anyone know what the access is like right now?

We're taking a LOT of gear including the wall tent and wood stove, a couple ice fishing tents, BBQ, fire pit, firewood, portapottie tent, chairs, cots, blankets, dogs, etc etc... everything but the kitchen sink.

Should I buy some tire chains for my 2wd or should I pick up a couple of sleds to pull everything? I really don't want to have to pull all this gear out onto the lake.

I was out there last weekend and access to brownlows was very good. That being said, venturing off the path was another story, I had to pull out a 2wd pickup and helped a few others shovel out. If you stick to where everyone else is your should be fine. I seen a few cars out on the ice last weekend and I dont think much has changed.

300WBY
02-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Chains are the way to go if you do not want to be in trouble

Fishhunter
02-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Where is Floating stone lake?

jpohlic
02-20-2011, 01:05 PM
access was good, even with the minivans and 2wd trucks

weather was too cold to really enjoy a day on the lake.

Floatingstone Lake is about 2 hours NE of Edmonton near Ashmont

theycallmeNoah
02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
access was good, even with the minivans and 2wd trucks

weather was too cold to really enjoy a day on the lake.

Floatingstone Lake is about 2 hours NE of Edmonton near Ashmont

It was freakin cold!!! But the kids did great:)