PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam 2011 - Poll

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 08:38 PM
In an attempt to have a final hardwater gathering/derby for all AO members, chubbdarter and The Fisherman Guy have requested a POLL to pick a lake for this event on:

MARCH 12TH, 2011

There will be some sort of tournament/derby incorporated into this gathering in the form of a Team Event. Details will follow. Please feel free to share your ideas and comments on this thread.

PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN ATTEND THIS GATHERING

I plan to attend this event and my vote would be for...

***Poll closes Feb 28, 2011

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
rules to date
All fish count
Teams of 6
Each team is trusted to be honest...all entered fish must come with a digital pic of the fish with a tape measure....i stress honest....no judges will settle disputes
Every thing is catch and release
We leave the Lake cleaner than we found it....no trash gets left behind.
Fishing starts at 8am and ends at 4:30...then hopefully everyone can go for supper
Teams of 6 that have cancellations can still compete as under dogs.
Teams that regularly fish the choosen lake cant use bait or hooks..lol ..kidding
Its for a trophy and bragging rights.

npauls
02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Are we just hand picking our own teams?

If so let me know if I have to find a team or am on your team darter?

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 09:30 PM

My opinion only:

Should probably wait till closer to the end of the month till you know amount of people participating and then determine how to pick teams and how big the teams should be. I kinda like a random method. Creates more competitiveness between friends if they're on different teams plus it's a good way to meet other members and maybe you'll have a local on your team who actually knows more about the area. Makes it a little more even too that way.

For consideration.

TR

MoFugger21
02-18-2011, 09:37 PM
My opinion only:

Should probably wait till closer to the end of the month till you know amount of people participating and then determine how to pick teams and how big the teams should be. I kinda like a random method. Creates more competitiveness between friends if they're on different teams plus it's a good way to meet other members and maybe you'll have a local on your team who actually knows more about the area. Makes it a little more even too that way.

For consideration.

TR

If you guys get enough people that regularly/semi-regularly fish whatever lake you choose, why not make them "team captains" so to speak, and then do a random draw placing people with those "captains". That way every or most teams would have a "local" to the lake which would be able to point their team in the right direction. Just an idea.

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 09:43 PM
If you guys get enough people that regularly/semi-regularly fish whatever lake you choose, why not make them "team captains" so to speak, and then do a random draw placing people with those "captains". That way every or most teams would have a "local" to the lake which would be able to point their team in the right direction. Just an idea.

I like that idea

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I know exactely what you both are saying....but i fear some enemies might get teamed together.....i dont want to be refferee..lol
i also worry how the count will work out....it may end up with a 1 or 2 man team.......if people cancel on their chosen team that the teams fault

but i agree it would be fun

for this year everyone hand pick their teams.....its a virgin idea..we can make changes next year after the test run.

MoFugger21
02-18-2011, 09:54 PM
I know exactely what you both are saying....but i fear some enemies might get teamed together.....i dont want to be refferee..lol
i also worry how the count will work out....it may end up with a 1 or 2 man team.......if people cancel on their chosen team that the teams fault

but i agree it would be fun

for this year everyone hand pick their teams.....its a virgin idea..we can make changes next year after the test run.

Problem with doing this though, is that you may end up with teams that have 5 or 6 people, and some that can only get 2 or 3 people to come out. At least by doing a draft/lottery/random style pick, you can all but guarantee the teams have the same amount of people, +/- 1 person.

diamonddave
02-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Momma Bear and I are in, with our team of six!! Our team name to follow.....:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sh akeshout:
edit... We aren't getting a team of pros, it will be us and the 4 kids. Just thought I would make sure it is going to be a familly friendly affair...

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 09:56 PM

i got drafted to a team.....no one wants me as a captain......last time i caught a pike it was a mistake..and my last white was in 1972.

Form a team npauls......get r done buddy

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
All things will come together when we know who and how many are coming regarding picking teams and the size of teams I propose. Would suggest that picking teams will be one of the last decisions made but in the meantime everyone should make plans with their respective groups.

Who has enemies anyways??? This is a chance for enemies to work it out. I'll be the referee if needed. Guess I better see if I can make it before I volunteer to get beat on. LOL

Anyways, no hurry in picking teams yet IMO

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Momma Bear and I are in, with our team of six!! Our team name to follow.....:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sh akeshout:

nice..thank DD

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 10:00 PM
All things will come together when we know who and how many are coming regarding picking teams and the size of teams I propose. Would suggest that picking teams will be one of the last decisions made but in the meantime everyone should make plans with their respective groups.

Who has enemies anyways??? This is a chance for enemies to work it out. I'll be the referee if needed. Guess I better see if I can make it before I volunteer to get beat on. LOL

Anyways, no hurry in picking teams yet IMO

the other and most important point ...is its a fun open event.....i dont want someones 6year old kid getting stuck on a team with a guy like DUSTER!!!!...lol

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry Chubb... didn't know team selection method was determined. Shouldn't have stuck my nose in.

I will volunteer to gather names of participants who don't have a full team of 6.

So if you are a single or double or group of less than 6 PM tacklerunner and I'll keep track of everyone and top up teams as required at the end of the month...

If that's cool with everyone.

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry Chubb... didn't know team selection method was determined. Shouldn't have stuck my nose in.

I will volunteer to gather names of participants who don't have a full team of 6.

So if you are a single or double or group of less than 6 PM tacklerunner and I'll keep track of everyone and top up teams as required at the end of the month...

If that's cool with everyone.

No problem TR thanks for all your help..really apprciate it...
the pm i got ..saying we might consider attending but my 6 year old child cant be picked to a team...really finalized my decision

thank for all your doing TR.....beers on me after the fishing

Duster
02-18-2011, 10:21 PM
well new comer to the board Fish-on1 and i will be where ever it ends up being..

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
the pm i got ..saying we might consider attending but my 6 year old child cant be picked to a team...really finalized my decision

Ok just direct all to me who don't have a complete team and I'll take care of it.

Likewise if those of you have teams of less than 6 and don't want additional team members then just make your own arrangements.

:happy0180:

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 10:29 PM
TEAM TRAVERS
Duster
Fish-on1
Tosh
The Fisherman Guy
iliketrout
Chubbdarter

MoFugger21
02-18-2011, 10:51 PM

Kind of forgot about that aspect to the gathering when offering my opinions...... Sorry guys. :ashamed: :scared0018:

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Kind of forgot about that aspect to the gathering when offering my opinions...... Sorry guys. :ashamed: :scared0018:

so did i till i got the pm....lol

even funnier our team doesnt know how to catch whitefish, perch or ling...hahaaaha

tacklerunner
02-18-2011, 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=chubbdarter;837890]so did i till i got the pm....lol

even funnier our team doesnt know how to catch whitefish, perch or ling...hahaaaha[/QUOTE

:lol: If you are a fisherman, fisherwoman or angler, competitiveness applies and winning against the fish or each other is a given. That's the nature of the sport. :lol:

chubbdarter
02-18-2011, 11:08 PM
all lengths are fork...that way no hands in the way pinching tails for the picture.

diamonddave
02-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Sorry Guys we have to bail, I have to work on Saturday.

The Fisherman Guy
02-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm keen on this gathering fellas, whatever the outcome. Thanks Tacklerunner for your help, spread the good word - It's an AOF Fishing Tourney!

Work on the trophy has begun!

Braun
02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
im in. Nate, are you going to build a team? let me know.

Rob S
02-19-2011, 12:54 PM
rules to date
All fish count
Teams of 6
Each team is trusted to be honest...all entered fish must come with a digital pic of the fish with a tape measure....i stress honest....no judges will settle disputes
Every thing is catch and release
We leave the Lake cleaner than we found it....no trash gets left behind.
Fishing starts at 8am and ends at 4:30...then hopefully everyone can go for supper
Teams of 6 that have cancellations can still compete as under dogs.
Teams that regularly fish the choosen lake cant use bait or hooks..lol ..kidding
Its for a trophy and bragging rights.

Is there anything for least amount of length of all fish? Like say 0 inches, total :-) Im pretty good at that :-)))

nicemustang
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Bad weekend. We're in SLAVE that weekend :)

Trey
02-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Problem with doing this though, is that you may end up with teams that have 5 or 6 people, and some that can only get 2 or 3 people to come out. At least by doing a draft/lottery/random style pick, you can all but guarantee the teams have the same amount of people, +/- 1 person.

i like this idea just to keep the ammount of lines and holes fished equal, now i hear ya if someone has a kid out there and there is alot of sailor talk that could be an issue.

and whats this refereeing enemy stuff, i could bring some boxing gloves and that could be the morning entertainment. winner buys the loser a beer and everybodys friends again

tacklerunner
02-19-2011, 10:51 PM
So if you are a single or double or group of less than 6 people PM tacklerunner and I'll keep track of everyone and top up teams as required at the end of the month...

Got 3 singles on the list so far

Sandalius
02-20-2011, 12:39 AM
TEAM TRAVERS
Duster
Fish-on1
Tosh
The Fisherman Guy
iliketrout
Chubbdarter

Talk about A team handicap
( I didn't say a team of handicaps )

Well my vote is in , but it doesn't really matter where it is
cause I think ice fishing sux everywhere.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-20-2011, 12:45 AM
What about Pine lake much better fishing and alot less pressure esspecially in the winter . I cant say for this year but in past its one of my favorite central alberta lakes .

Duster
02-20-2011, 06:20 AM
We just want it fair all the way around kids are more than welcome of course. Experience would be a benefit but it's all for fun and bragging rights. Haha

gl2
02-20-2011, 11:33 AM
I agree with duster, this is a fun event first but with a little bit of bragging rights second. And because of it's location it should get a lot of diffrent people from all over. I for one am exited to meet people from a diffrent area and talk to them about their local lakes and target species. Also if you wanna come but don't have a ride ect then maybe we all could work together to get these people out. I hope to meet alot of you on the ice!!!

gl2
02-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Bump......... The more people that attend the better!!!!

Dr.D
02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
What about Pine lake much better fishing and alot less pressure esspecially in the winter . I cant say for this year but in past its one of my favorite central alberta lakes .

Pine is dead there was only four or five pike weighed in at the derby to day

CeeZee
02-21-2011, 07:09 AM
No vote from me, I will be on the hardwater in MB that weekend!

chubbdarter
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
i hate to win by default...lol.

Trey
02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
looks like gull and sylvan are in a dead heat so far

chubbdarter
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
due to the lack of response this event is cancelled....us southern guys will be having a get together in replacement of this event.
maybe next year
thanks everyone

Gust
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
due to the lack of response this event is cancelled....us southern guys will be having a get together in replacement of this event.
maybe next year
thanks everyone

Hey Chub,, howzabout a derby where everybody uses the exact same lure from shore, like a 5'o diamonds. I know an incredible spot on MacGregor with free camping and a chance for either pike or walleye, just gotta build an out house or bring a portahouse. Maybe we can find a few outfitters to offer a book of coupons for first prize or something similar.
Just noticed that it's for hardwater, which makes accessibility to my place iffy at best.

tacklerunner
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
maybe next year
thanks everyone

I have advised the few that PM'd me expressing interest in forming a team accordingly.

TR

chubbdarter
03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I have advised the few that PM'd me expressing interest in forming a team accordingly.

TR

thanks for all your help TR, hopefully someone esle can come up with a better idea that would interest people.....i still think the battle of Alberta would be fun

chubbdarter
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Hey Chub,, howzabout a derby where everybody uses the exact same lure from shore, like a 5'o diamonds. I know an incredible spot on MacGregor with free camping and a chance for either pike or walleye, just gotta build an out house or bring a portahouse. Maybe we can find a few outfitters to offer a book of coupons for first prize or something similar.
Just noticed that it's for hardwater, which makes accessibility to my place iffy at best.

thats the only hook Adam uses....he has a unfair advantage

chubbdarter
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
thats the only hook Adam uses....he has a unfair advantage

sorry i meant the only hook Puddles uses

DuckBrat
03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Gull or Sylvan? What is the fishing area? We should all fish the same area...

chubbdarter
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Gull or Sylvan? What is the fishing area? We should all fish the same area...

Puddles killed the event....but your welcome to the alternate event