PDA

View Full Version : What is WRONG WITH ME

FishingFrenzy
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Okay, Its true, I have a problem. The first one being I haven't fished enough this season, only 6 times. The biggest one being I have been skunked 4 out of the 6 times... Started off the season with a cold day on Coal, and what did we catch, 2 hammer-handles but they weren't caught by ME. Second trip, headed to Calling with a guy that knows the lake pretty well. Once again SKUNKED, almost everyone was skunked that day. Third trip, hit up Beaumont Pond for a couple hours, THIS TRIP I CAUGHT 2 TINY 'BOWS!!!! Fourth trip, back to coal, NOT EVEN A BITE! 5th trip, Wabuman. No fish, a couple bite buts that's it. 6th trip today, went out to Spring by stony plain. Our go-to lake for quantity (not quality), literally pulled out 150+ perch between 3 of us in two hours LAST YEAR. This year, 1 tiny perch for me, nobody else caught any.

Yes i know how to fish, I caught fish all summer long. I bought good bait, I bought good lures and I tried good spots.

What the heck!
I guess its called fishing, not catching for a reason. OPEN WATER PLEASE HURRY UP!

Anyone else finding lakes around Edmonton VERY SLOW?

ice
02-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Even with all that bad luck, your still doing better then me, iv made it out once this season, just before christmas, went up to utikuma, 2 pike, one being 8 pounds and little 17 inch walleye, and it just so happens that i buy myself a nice brand new windlass tipup in the middle of january, i just took a job up in fort mac, And it seems im not even going to get to try it out this year -.-
*Bangs Head On Wall*
Just Perfect!!!
lololol

ice

the local angler
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
yeah don't fret it man i fished hard for the first ice then things kinda fizzled out and have only been out like twice in the last 2 months because of work issues.