PDA

View Full Version : clear lake, arm lake near wainwright

Whiskey
02-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone, Im new to this site and it seems very friendly and active.
I live in Provost Alberta and there are a few lakes within an hour of here.

There is Capt Ayr Lake - rainbows
Dillberry Lake - rainbows and perch
Shuster Lake - Lots of brookies
Arm Lake- small pike and perch
Clear Lake- small pike, perch, decent walleye

I like Arm lake better then Clear Lake myself, but access is pretty poor in the winter time since they do not plow the campground road.
I find that clear lake can be alright fishing, but it is pretty hit and miss, even for being such a small lake.

I guess my question is if anybody knows of any good spots for pike on the lake. Does anybody have a depth map for the lake? I tryed to find one but couldn't.

Also, has anybody ever been to the Hardisty Lake? I heard there are pike in there, but never actually went.

trigger7mm
02-20-2011, 09:32 AM
There are pike in Fish Lake, which is about 2 miles west of Hardisty Lake. Hardisty Lake had Rainbows in it years ago, but hasn't had anything in it for a long time now. Fish lake can be pretty good, especially in the late spring and summer. It gets pretty weedy later on in the summer though. On Family day there is a derby there put on by the Iron Creek Fish & Game club. It's mostly for kids, but everyone is welcome. Prizes, hotdogs, and hot chocolate are available at the fire during and after. It's always a good time.

Whiskey
02-20-2011, 09:56 AM
fish lake eh, well i might head out there tomorrow and check it out. thanks

topgun
02-20-2011, 02:36 PM
fish lake was stocked a few years back with perch and has a small population of pike